This leadership position is responsible for identifying and implementing USAF business development opportunities relating to existing and new products, services and/or industries, technologies for Joint Programs. This position will: (1) provide strategic direction and leadership in identifying critical customer requirements ; (2) develop comprehensive account capture plans; (3) identify specific opportunities, including developing and maintaining a pipeline of strategically relevant business opportunities; (4) develop comprehensive business cases around these opportunities; and (5) work with product management, program management, Engineering, Manufacturing and other functions to implement the opportunities for the customer and HDT Global.
A key aspect of this role will be to perform economic analyses on new or improved product opportunities and/or business models and coordinate with internal departments in identifying/implementing business development projects. Work with direct sales team, product line managers, marketing, engineering, manufacturing, existing customers and potential new customers to determine their needs. Will also develop and disseminate information on a continuous basis to all pertinent parties concerning the fulfillment of project goals and objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee all phases of USAF business development activities to ensure business and financial objectives are attained.
- Manage the development of new USAF strategic business opportunities and relationships. May consult with management in pursuing business partnerships, alliances, and joint ventures that enhance the capabilities of the organization.
- Assess potential business opportunities through activities such as market and economic analysis, monitoring competitive activity and identifying customer needs.
- Manage and influence the preparation of capture plans, proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract(s).
- Consult with Joint Programs leadership to develop and implement current, annual and long-term schedule, quality, business, and financial objectives for the unit(s) and participate in the development of Company objectives.
- Act as the primary contact for USAF business development. May lead progress review sessions to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance and to disseminate information on a continuous basis to all pertinent parties concerning the fulfillment of project goals and objectives.
- Identify USAF business development issues and provide leadership in developing solutions such as re-allocation of resources or modifying contract specifications.
- Ensure business leadership and excellence is maintained by managing and participating in the planning, attraction, selection, retention, and development of the required management, professional, and technical talent.
- Responsible for ensuring all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations are observed wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Responsible for ensuring work is accomplished in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Adheres to all quality and safety standards
- Supportsother projects and performs duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility listed above satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Bachelors in Business Administration/Engineering or related field, MBA preferred.
Minimum of 15years in complex business development with at least 10 years managing business development activities. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education. Superior interpersonal skills and the ability to teach and explain HDT’s product capabilities to the field user are of utmost importance; must demonstrate a detailed and extensive expertise and application of business development principles and concepts, and practice as well as comprehensive project management and leadership skills including organizing, planning, scheduling, and coordinating workloads to meet established deadlines or milestones; prior military service a plus, especially USAF.
OTHER JOB RELATED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong communication, leadership, and presentation skills are required to enable an effective interface with other departments, all levels of management, professional and support staff, customers, potential customers, and government representatives.
- Customer focused, must be able to work on a self-initiated basis and in a team environment, and able to work extended hours and travel as required.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to identify and implement opportunities in a way that drives value to the customer and HDT Global.
- Commitment to company values.
- Must be willing and able to obtain/maintain a government security clearance.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and problem solve
- Excellent communication skills; able to communicate effectively with management and personnel at all levels.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work a varied schedule, willing to work overtime when necessary
- Possesses strong computer skills with demonstrated proficiency in standard business software packages (e.g., Microsoft Office).
Equal Opportunity Employer of protected Veterans, disabled individuals or other individuals regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, age or sexual orientation