Location flexible within NY and PA As a National Instruments (NI) account manager, you lead disruptive transformations within the company’s most important customers. Through cross-functional teams, you successfully enable NI to earn trusted partner status and influence customer’s investment decisions. The outcome? Sustained positive business results for the customer and increased share of wallet for NI. You are energized by the creative problem solving required to overcome tough organizational and competitive challenges. You enjoy collaborating in an open culture with co-workers who inspire you to new heights in your personal and professional development. This is an opportunity to make a name for yourself in a role that ranks amongst the highest on impact, autonomy, and visibility. Position Overview The best NI account managers are driven by a vision of mutual business success with their assigned accounts resulting in accelerated revenue growth and increased market share. They inspire internal and external stakeholders to action and positive change through co-authored customer collaborations. Account managers are responsible for leading all NI efforts within their named account portfolio and ensure that customers receive the support they need to achieve long-term success that results in repeat business. Highly effective written and verbal communications skills are critical. Quick SummaryNI Account Managers spend most of their time:
- Uncovering inefficiencies & pain points within their customer’s value creation process
- Planning and executing customer co-authored initiatives to generate demand in identified areas of greatest opportunity
- Create, manage and close sales opportunities discovered as a result of account initiatives by deploying team resources and leading cross-functional activities
- Networking and discovery within assigned accounts to create valued relationships with customer leadership
Key Performance Objectives
- Achieve annual quota and quarterly targets by closing sales with a portfolio of named accounts.
- Develop and drive effective account plans to generate demand for NI products. Within the first 30 days, assess the current state of business with assigned accounts. Within 60 days, establish renewed account plan strategy and review with NI sales management. Within 90 days, set co-authored objectives and priorities with customers through business driver reviews.
- Effectively lead NI and partner resources to close sales. Within the first 30 days, develop a clear understanding of all relevant team resources. Establish a system for keeping account initiative stakeholders informed and involved. Conduct quarterly plan reviews with the account team. Keep CRM documentation up to date with key activities and opportunities to enable effective internal collaboration and provide input to business forecasting. Take the lead in coordinating development of all client proposals.
- Learn NI offering and relevant value proposition. Within 90 days, learn the core NI services/solutions and be able to effectively present these solutions using cost-benefit, ROI and solution trade-off techniques. The knowledge learned will include: NI’s overall points of differentiation and value in key applications, business case modeling tools, high level sales enablement content, key technical white paper content, case studies, the NI web site and significant success stories to facilitate the sales process.
- Create and lead client presentations. Develop comprehensive, professional presentations for each target customer. All presentations focus on key business challenges relevant to the customer. Great presentations begin with an attention-grabbing introduction, incorporate specific stories from the prospect's world that remind the audience of their painful current situation, and incorporate relevant success stories of NI implementations.
- Demonstrate account knowledge and ability to impact revenue by utilizing sales tracking systems and providing accurate forecasts. Within six months, develop an accurate 12 to 24 month account sales forecast. Effectively use Salesforce.com daily to provide organizational insight regarding active opportunities in all stages of the sales cycle.
The successful candidate will typically have 10+ years of experience working in a B2B high technology company with demonstrated impact in account management, field sales engineering, sales management, business development, engineering/project management or similar role.
- Bachelor’s degree with major in Electrical, Computer, Mechanical Engineering, or Computer Science, or similar. An MBA is a plus
- US citizenship is required due to customer security requirements
- Please note: National Instruments does not petition for H-1B or other work visas for this position