Perform the routine aspects of assignments requiring knowledge and application of basic engineering principles. Projects may include highway bridges, retaining walls, box culverts and sign structures. Analyze structures using various structural engineering software programs such as LARSA, MDX, MathCAD, LEAP and Microstation, and performing structural calculations. Prepare or check structural calculations and details of structural elements for various materials, predominantly steel and concrete. Review drawings & documents and prepare technical clarifications. Guide the designers/drafters to prepare structural drawings. Coordinate with other disciplines such as mechanical, electrical, and process engineering and perform checks of documents and drawings of other disciplines. Must be dependable with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team to meet deadlines and provide a high quality of work.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited engineering program
- At least 5years of engineeringexperience in bridge design
- Licensed PE
- Familiarity with Micro Station and AutoCAD or otherbridge analysis software
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills