Role Value Proposition:
MetLife Global Technology & Operations (GTO) is looking for an exceptional individual to manage our global campus recruiting strategy and to manage the hiring and program management for the MetLife Technical University (MTU) Programs. MTU consists of an early-in-career program that prepares recent college graduates to be job ready through a multi-week business and technical training. The director of campus recruiting will drive the development and execution of these programs.
As Director of GTO campus recruiting you will lead the effort that attracts, assesses and closes transformational, diverse talent from our targeted universities across the globe. You will partner closely with GTO senior business leaders to create the long-term talent acquisition strategy for university hiring and to deliver on such. You will also develop an on-campus strategy in partnership with GTO executive leaders as it relates to university selection, business participation, campus marketing and assessment process. You will partner closely with HR leaders, diversity and inclusion leaders and university school recruiters to lead, influence and shepherd strong university hiring results in a very competitive talent market.
You will build strong, respectful relationships with the universities and GTO leaders, and help elevate MetLife GTO’s employment brand to a highly competitive level. The focus of this role is to develop the next generation of technical talent.
The role of Director of MTU Recruiting requires a person who is comfortable both operating strategically and implementing tactically. It requires managing the MTU recruiting strategy as well as the MTU recruiting implementation and processing of entry level and intern hires. Specific responsibilities include:
- Set campus strategy at target universities and determine appropriate business engagement
- Successfully partner with GTO leaders to develop creative strategies and deliver exceptional customer service with a primary focus on operational excellence, proactive, competitive and cost-effective recruitment solutions.
- Assist in the development and support of diversityrecruiting efforts across targeted campuses
- Serve as primary resource for candidates throughout the recruiting process – be able to market MetLife GTO, answer questions, communicate status
- Responsible for the summer intern programs including onboarding, training, events, appraisal process and offers
- Develop and sustain strong relationships with management through proactive communication and commitment to understanding the services and needs of the business.
- Support program management processes including rotations, placements, and performance management
- Update and monitor online applicant tracking system for schools/businesses and report on entry hiring and full-time program statistics as requested
- Generate and manage brand awareness both internally and externally
- Provide ongoing coaching, training and education to GTO intern managers
- Provide clear and timely communications to GTO hiring managers on expectations and deliverables
- Deliver best in class internshipexperience including internorientation, training and development and social events
- Drive the intern performance management and offer process
- Determine offer allocations based on hiring targets
- Execute the onboarding, learning and development strategy for new college graduates entering the organization to assist with transition from college to corporate, driving engagement
- Continue to seek out new ways to enhance programs and its value to the business
- Create new programs to address changing business needs
- Create and manage MTU entry level and intern hiring demand/pipeline strategy
- Gather and manage the hiring numbers from all technology divisions and meet their demand
- Develop, manage and oversee recruiting events, sponsorships, scholarships, etc.
- Serve as Program Manager for entry level participants providing check ins and professional development
- Supervise and mentor intern Program Manager, Recruiting Coordinator and contractors when needed
- Manage and execute the screening, assessing and interviewing process with program candidates
- Provide candidate coaching and feedback
- Improve, implement and manage candidateexperience, recruiting, keep warm, and retention strategies
- Manage recruiting data and provide final statistics/reporting on diversity and cohort composition
- Manage MTU recruiting budget
- Partner with curriculum team to develop training for entry level participants
- Implement and oversee orientations and onboarding for entry level and intern programs
- Work with senior leadership to actively identify and quantify, through workforce planning and tracking, the hiring needs for their organization.
- Be the catalyst for the group’s hiring strategy and road map, and create success metrics with our otherrecruiting leaders.
- Communicate fearlessly to build trust. You should want to bring a strong perspective that inspires change and motivates recruiters to develop simple solutions to complex problems.
- Keep the business up to date throughout the cycle on key metrics, while working with Recruiting Operations to present that information in a way that is accurate, up to date, and usable by partners.
- Define, design and implement recruiting programs for GTO workforce planners. This includes understanding and mapping the talent landscape and matching those data points with the external talent supply.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, positive personal and professional image, high standards of professional behavior and ethics
- Demonstrated leadership ability; works well as team player
- Proven strategic recruiting leader with 5-8years broad based recruiting experience and at least 8years leading a college recruiting operation role in a large, complex organization.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; able to effectively persuade, influence, and negotiate, as appropriate
- Comfortable in resolving conflict and people related issues
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization and work well under pressure
- Ability to set priorities, plan workflow and take initiative
- Strong organizational skills with strong attention to detail, accurate and thorough; comfortable with numbers
- Strong technical skills, including significant experience using Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- The ability to think strategically and gain support for ideas and initiatives
- Ability to prioritize as needed while handling multiple time-sensitive projects in a very fast-paced environment
- Campus sourcing knowledge and experience should include; current college recruiting technologies as well as progressive methods through professional social networking sites, direct sourcing, job fairs, specialized organizations, networking, and traditional on campus recruitment methods.
- Strong project management, creative problem-solving skills and ability to act independently
- Team player with flexibility to accommodate different personalities and work styles as well as confidence to manage interactions and expectations at all levels of the organization
- Forward thinking and planning abilities
- A proven track record of developing and coaching talent including talent management assessment, skills gap analysis and coaching team members to align performance to successful business results
- Demonstrated success in managing university recruiting in a large-scale complex environment
- Proven success in senior executive engagement, at ease working with VP level leaders
- Passion for university recruiting
- Knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations
- Demonstrated success in leading and/or managing virtual/remote employees
- Previous Human Resource leadership experience in a Human Resource discipline/function
- College/internrecruitment experience
- Experience in leading and navigating change and transformation
- Thorough knowledge of full life-cycle recruiting processes, strategies and tools
- Experience with social mediarecruitment platforms
Requisition #: 79962