Tracking Code 6659
About the position: Reporting to the Director of IT Operations & Service Management, the Manager, IT Systems Administration oversees daily operations and management of the IT systems and servers. The Manager position directly oversees a team of 6-10 IT professionals to provision, install, configure, operate and maintain hardware and software systems and related infrastructure technologies. The Manager is responsible for staff training, performance and development, and for ensuring an exceptional customer experience.
The Manager ensures efficient and effective delivery of the Information Technology strategy and plans based on agreed IT processes, standards and tools. Sets ambitious goals aligned with business imperatives, ensures adequate communication inside and outside of IT. The Manager leads change management efforts to modernize IT processes and work organization. This individual provides technology leadership, staying current with emerging technologies and IT processes.
The Manager drives process improvement, root cause analysis, waste and cost reduction, and problem solving within the team and in close collaboration with other IT teams. The Manager is responsible for their part of the IT Operations operating and capital budgets, POs and invoices and is responsible for proper stewardship of the funds and expenses. In coordination with the IT Director, additional responsibilities include demand management and contract and vendor management.
Operational Management (40%)
- Ensures the delivery of existing and new physical, virtual and cloud-based servers, systems and storage.
- Oversees the systems administration team in their work developing and maintaining installation and configuration procedures. Develops and maintains systems standards. Ensures proper documentation and training to other IT teams as applicable.
- Oversees routine performance of systems monitoring, user account maintenance, job completion, patching, upgrades, backup, archiving, and repair.
- Provides the end-to-end integration of the solutions provided with the rest of the technology components.
- Ensures all relevant process, quality and security guidelines are embedded in the designs from the early stages.
- Provides technical leadership in systems engineering. Takes a leading role in project evaluation and assessment ensuring the identification of high ROI targets, high business value projects as well as the completion of the projects on time and within budget.
- Keeps abreast of latest developments in his/her area of responsibility. Contributes to the definition of technology roadmap and target identification by close collaboration with architecture team. Transforms emergent technology proposals into deployable solutions.
- Takes leading role in RFPs and vendor discussions in close coordination with the IT Director.
- Utilizes consultants and contractors where appropriate to provide technical expertise and staff augmentation.
- Drives automation where applicable.
- Ensures compliance with Quality, PCI, HIPAA and all other approved process and quality guidelines.
- Ensures all initiatives comply with security guidelines as dictated by IT Security.
- Drives the service and financial impact analysis of the proposed solutions in coordination with the service management functions. Prepares business cases for new solutions and presents, defends and leads to approval the technology solutions.
- Communicates, markets and supports the introduction of the services developed in the area of responsibility.
- Ensures resolution of the support/problems to ensure SLA objectives are achieved in coordination with the support team and guaranteeing the achievement of the Operating Framework.
- Aligns and prioritizes the capabilities in the team around root cause investigation, making proposals and fixes and ensuring necessary work is carried out and delivered.
- Establishes the connections with and supports the Incident, Capacity, Availability, Release and Change Management processes and with any other process in the area of responsibility when so required.
Leadership & Management (25%)
Provides clear direction to and manages an organization of professionals to ensure achievement of operation plan objectives by creating:
- SMART performance and development plans, rewarding performance and contributing the talent pipeline of the function.
- A teamwork-oriented environment.
- Encourages innovation in the right places.
- Ensures the right people are in the right jobs and develops first-line managers as part of the Information Systems talent management process.
- Plans, organizes and controls the performance of managers and where necessary initiates corrective actions to ?cover short-falls in performance and develops capability.
- Drives efficiencies by utilizing globally harmonized key processes for IT operations.
- Cultivates, disseminates, and enforces functional policies, procedures, and quality assurance best practices.
- Manages the allocated budget to IT standards, following all legal, regulatory and IT guidelines and SOPs.
- Constantly evaluates actual needs and reflect them in the forecast events, releasing budget when not required.
- Constantly strives to achieve or exceed industry standard costs.
- Understands and takes ownership for the wider Infrastructure agenda and engages managers and employees in the organization to further pro-actively communicate/ cascade key priorities of organization and required responsibilities within the team.
- Establishes and maintains regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent IT activities.
- Establishes an environment where open two-way communication and learning is possible.
Customer Experience (20%)
- Establish and nurture trusted relationships with senior-level, decision-making business executives, as well as with people throughout the assigned business unit.
- Create and drive an ongoing environment and culture of exceptional customer experience
- Develop metrics to measure the level of customer satisfaction from all interactions with internal and external contacts
- Manages special projects and initiatives.
- Perform other duties as required.
- 5-9 years management experience with proven track record managing enterprise-level infrastructure including high performing systems, storage environments, VMWare and Cloud-Based computing.
- Educated to bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, information systems or related field; or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years demonstrated success in leading and developing a highly motivated, engaged IT team.
- Energy, drive and commitment to implement change across multiple locations.
- Successful delivery experience of infrastructure technologies. ITIL experience is highly desired.
- Excellent initiative and organizational skills to prioritize complex tasks, projects, and workflow, and use independent judgment to make decisions regarding operations and deadlines.
- Strong understanding of human resource management principles, practices, and procedures.
- Interpersonal relationship skills sufficient to allow incumbent to effectively lead others, to develop consensus and to work effectively with a diverse set of individuals.
- Demonstrates strong customer support, quality, cost and delivery focus.
- Availability for on-call support as escalation manager.
- Innovative, responsible and reliable.