The Business Intelligence Analyst will implement solutions that support and drive qualitative and quantitative based decisions, facilitate business process and performance improvement, and support strategy development. They will evaluate process design, systems, workflow, system and process architecture, quality metrics, outcomes, and other environmental factors in order to adjust and optimize analytics and provide decision makers with actionable insights. The Business Intelligence Analyst will deliver reports and analytic applications that present high level performance indicators and allows for flexible exploration and drill down capabilities such that the root conditions driving the applicable performance indicator can be uncovered. The delivered reports and analytics will highlight and forecast costs, risks, and opportunities associated with new and changing business conditions. They will also respond to ad-hoc report requests across multiple business areas and will participate in the development of the Business Intelligence reporting tools.
In this role, the Business Intelligence Analyst is responsible for collaborating with business and information services counterparts to derive, present, and communicate findings in a manner that facilitates business performance improvement, strategy development, and the elevation of business intelligence and data competencies throughout the organization.
- Minimum of an Associate’s degree, preferably in a math, science, or technology related field of study.
- 10 + years of experience
- Considered an expert in the industry as represented in industry relevant publications and/or membership in relevant organizations. Leadership and project management skills in the areas of planning, design, development, quality assurance, prototyping, implementing, and evaluating systems.
- Highly complex problem solving abilities. Experience synthesizing information across domains, analyze data, monitor systems, identify problems, recommend and implement complex solutions. Leadership ability to mentor staff in problem solving methodologies.
- Complex relationship management. Ability to act as communication liaison between multiple teams such as analysts, programmers, and clinical/operations experts ensuring data warehouse system accurately reflects the operations of Albany Med. Ability to create and deliver end-user training and documentation.
- Expert in supporting large system implementations including testing, troubleshooting and performance tuning. Experience in leading enterprise modeling standard initiatives.
- Ability to assure metrics are efficiently developed, monitored and utilized.
- Ability to effectively and independently lead, recommend, document, communicate, implement, and sustain improvements in processes, procedures and operations.
- Expert in business intelligence tools, semantic layer, metadata, report definition and report creation. Expert ability to work with tools such as R and QlickView..
- Experience with windows based applications and technology.
Minimum of an Associate degree.
10 + years of experience.
Preferred Additional Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Familiarity with HIPAA regulations, medical terminology, healthcare, or financial and billing processes is a plus.
Req. Number: 28320