Position Description Responsible for the strategic and tactical development of outbound freight flow activities from DC to stores, vendors and other DCs. Utilize database management and routing & scheduling software in processes to maximize transportation networks considering total expense and asset utilization. Track and report performance of each DC on all transportation Key Performance Indicators (KPI). Prepare, plan and provide specifications for transportation related Business Process Reengineering (BPR) activities. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Govern field operations on the utilization of dispatch technology, routing & scheduling tools and overall use of transportation efficiency methods.
• Design & development of DC to store delivery schedules using routing & scheduling software.
• Maintenance of transportation related information in electronic databases. This includes mainframe based information and information residing in desktop applications. Compile weekly metric reports through database management of transportation KPI's.
• Perform analysis of transportation network operating systems.
• Lead various transportation thrift initiatives in pilot and launch stages.
• Provide expertise and field support with all transportation systems and tools. Position Requirements • A Bachelor's degree (BA, BS) or equivalent preferred.
• Three to five years’ experience in Engineering, Transportation / Logistics Management or Information Systems Management
• Experience in transportation related field. New college grad considered with transportation work experience.
• Knowledge of desktop applications (MS Office, including Excel & Access), mainframe applications, database management (SQL) and SAS preferred.
• Knowledge of Department of Transportation regulations (motor carrier), including HazMat. Basic financial management skills including cost / benefit analysis.