Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA-Tencor, we're making technology advancements that are bigger—and tinier—than the world has ever seen.
Who are we? We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips—the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own—faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer?
The Optical Metrology Division products are used for optical overlay metrology. The portfolio of products includes unique solution packages which are based on hardware and software systems to enhance yield and effectiveness. As a world leader in its field of expertise, the division's products are the most advanced in performance (measurement accuracy of nanometers and below), reliability, ease of use and compatibility with other KLA-Tencor's products. KLA-Tencor (Israel) controls over 80% of the world market sales in its field, and its products are used by every major semiconductor manufacturer around the world. KLA-Tencor Israel is located in the Migdal Haemek Industrial Park.
- Actively participates in defining next generation tools system and software requirements, analyzes it’s performance and interfaces with multi-disciplinary teams in Israel and the US.
- Designs and executes multi-disciplinary experiments, writes detailed test plans and summary reports for system testing, provides constant feedback to engineering and the customer.
- Designs and defines system and algorithmic requirements for complex customer systems, and/or prepares studies and analyzes existing systems. These systems typically include light sources, detectors, optical / electro-optical components, fiber optics, electronics and signal processing SW functioning in close collaboration with the rest of the tool.
- Responsible for testing and analysis on products during various phases of the development process.
- Coordinates and performs root cause analysis to solve issues.
- Interfaces with technologists, development and marketing to define and optimize system performance and resolve performance problems.
- Periodically visit the engineering team in Israel and learn the new technologies, which will be implemented and validated at the customer site
- Requires at least 2 months training in Israel
- PhD in physics\electrical-engineering\applied-mathematics or similar areas
- 2 years (4 years – advantage) of work experience in industry or academia (including post-doctoral research) – an advantage
- Expertise in the physics of light-matter interaction – an advantage
- Expertise in optical metrology technology – an advantage
- Good communication skills
- Proficiency in English
- Doctorate (Academic) OR
- Master's Level Degree with at least 2 years of experience. OR
- Bachelor's Level Degree with at least 3 years of experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
KLA-Tencor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.