Located in the heart of Southern Arizona, Tucson’s culture is based around its outstanding quality of life, fine schools, excellent healthcare and abundance of eclectic housing options. Tucson is known for 350 days of sunshine, outdoor excursions and extensive arts culture. Visit the world-class Fred Lawrence Whipple Observatory or enjoy the nature at Tohono Chul Park and the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum.
Be a part of building the foundation of Sound's brand in emergency medicine at Carondelet St. Joseph’s, and play an integral role in establishing our culture for the emergency medicine physician and total patient experience. We measurably improve quality, satisfaction and financial performance of healthcare delivery through exceptional patient care, deep investments in our people and performance management expertise, as well as complete alignment with our partners.
You are joining an organization that has proven success in the acute episode of care (hospital medicine, critical care medicine, and transitional care medicine). We are focused on helping you build your emergency medicine career. Carondelet St. Joseph's has received the highest rating for quality and safety of all Tucson area hospitals from the Leapfrog Group in 2017 and patient satisfaction scores continually that meet and exceed threshold in the areas of communication, responsiveness, hospital environment, and pain management (2016).
- 471 bed hospital; 50 bed ED
- Excellent medical staff
- Sound Staffs and manages the Hospital Medicine and Critical Care teams
- Sound maintains a 98% retention of incumbent clinicians
- Volume of ED – 50,000
- 60 hours of physician coverage; Physician Shifts: 9 hour shifts
- High Acuity
- Cerner EMR
- Excellent Compensation Plan
- Employee Relationship
- 401k and CME Reimbursement Account
- Malpractice and Tail paid by Sound Physicians
- Generous Sign On Bonus and Relocation Assistance