DISH is a Fortune 200 company with more than $15 billion in annual revenue that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service – Sling TV – that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television.
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Dish Technologies is looking for a Project Manager - Procurement who will be responsible for strategic sourcing, determination of long-term supply requirements, evaluating qualified vendor(s) to fulfill those requirements, selecting the appropriate supplier based on cost and ability to deliver product on-time/on-budget, negotiation purchase agreements and managing supplier performance at a global level through Total Cost Management methodology.
In addition to the aforementioned responsibilities, plans and implements activities related to procurement, inventory control, planning and quality control of production materials while achieving cost targets, continuity of supply, capacity flexibility and delivery performance to support domestic/international customer requirements.
- Manage procurement activities for sustaining and NPI projects, achieving target COGs goals, quality assurance, supplier management to meet scheduled deliverables. Able to work with limited or ambiguous direction.
- Collaborate with departmental representatives to determine organizational needs, product requirements, and manufacturing capabilities.
- Facilitate the definition of scope, goals and deliverables. Define project tasks and resource requirements; develop full scale project plans and maintain timelines/schedules.
- Implement and manage project changes, resource constraints to achieve deliverables.
- Monitors and reports on progress to stakeholders; actively engages as individual contributor.
- Program Management - various company programs, and conducts quarterly business reviews with key vendors; maintains and improves vendor relationship by maintaining SCM code of conduct.
- Assists with non-routine duties as assigned.
Skills - Experience and Requirements
The successful Project Manager - Procurement will have:
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university(preferably in Supply Chain Management, Economics, Logistics or similar discipline); five-years related project management experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 5years of experience leading complex projects, interacting with various groups to include engineering, accounting, sales, marketing, and executive management.
- 5years commodity management experience with a strong understanding of global sourcing, international and domestic manufacturing.
- PMP or Prince II certification is a plus.
- Knowledge of standard business English; principles and practices of purchasing, including ethics, Internet research, standards, bid preparation and evaluation, competitive bidding procedures, quality control, inventory standards and control; data collection techniques for establishing sources of supply, product, and vendor information; market research techniques; general law of contracts
- Ability to work independently, conduct studies, analyze and evaluate data, and make recommendations and decision on complicated or high-profile projects; prepare and present written oral reports; prepare new bids
- Ability to perform math calculations such as calculating interest, discounts, and shipping charges; use common units of measure; negotiate within established parameters; maintain an effective liaison with vendors, management staff, and co-workers; use personal computer
- Office procedures and office automation software (Oracle, database management, MS Office products - Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Projects); Oracle a plus
- Sound organizational, written and verbal communication skills including a willingness to share, collaborate, and inform peers and supervisor of activities.
- Strong negotiation, analytical, problem solving, organization, and project management skills
- Possess a high level of integrity and dependability and operate with minimal oversight
- Ability to lead and manage procurement projects including understanding and translating business needs into requirements for execution and effectively analyzing and presenting complex information to both internal and external stakeholders
- Must be a motivated, self-starter with proven ability to work both independently and with teammates
- Experience working effectively in complex global organizations, satisfying the needs of diverse stakeholders, and often working under the pressure of competing and sometimes conflicting priorities.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement/change and makes constructive recommendation
Job ID 2017-41603