Provide engineering services and support to the global BAMG pre-cured tread (PCT) manufacturing operations through evaluation, analysis, design, supervision,
upgrading and installation of corporate facilities, equipment, controls, power
distribution and process systems. Geographic area of responsibility includes
operations in North America and South America.
Engineering design, development, installation and support
- Designs, develops, and installs new machine control and power systems for the global PCT manufacturing plants
- Provides engineering support for existing PCT manufacturing in North America and South America
- Proposes new programs to keep equipment and processes technologically advanced and leading the industry in product quality, productivity, energy efficiency, environmental responsibility and safety
- Ensures standardization of control systems and components is maintained
- Evaluates existing processes and equipment and recommends modifications and refinements resulting in cost savings, quality and safety improvements
- Interfaces with, global PCT manufacturing plants, tread and mold design group and corporate marketing during new equipment development feasibility studie
- Makes informed recommendations for additions and modifications to new and existing equipment required for
Manufacturing Project Management
- Responsible for reaching agreement with customer on cost, schedule and functionality for each new project
- Plans, organizes and controls projects on a daily basis
- Responsible for meeting project goals on cost, schedule and functionality
- Handles multiple projects simultaneously
- Coordinates the efforts of other engineers, technicians, plant personnel and contractors
- Responsible for coaching/mentoring other engineers and technicians
Consulting and Communications
- Relates plan of operations and establishes priorities for projects
- Provides liaison between the global PCT manufacturing plants and corporate
- Visits the global PCT manufacturing plants, consult with personnel and make recommendations
- Represents the company in contacts with outside suppliers of equipment, services and systems
- Serves as technical resource to the global PCT manufacturing plant maintenance departments and provides onsite training and field support
- Conveys information to plants on equipment or process improvements in all areas
Maintenance of Expertise
- Develop and maintain reference documents, technical work instructions and forms in the IMS system
- Attends trade shows, technical seminars, and reads technical publications to keep abreast of the latest technology
- Provides training to other engineers and plant staff
- Uses experience, knowledge, and creativity to implement ideas for technology development
- B.S. or foreign degree equivalent in Electrical, Electronic, Mechanical, Chemical Engineering or Engineering Physics.
- 7 years of progressively responsible work experience in electrical engineering.
- Advanced PLC & HMI programming experience using Rockwell Automation hardware & software.
- Five years experience in control system design and panel layout.
- In-depth knowledge of modern safety systems and safety circuit design.
- Experience with variable frequency drives (VFDs) and servo motion control.
Requisition ID: 2017-121142.