7,000 people, one global focus – enhancing the health and well-being of pets, people, and livestock. We are passionate about what we do at IDEXX – and why wouldn’t we be? When you’re working to raise the standard of care for pets, make drinking water safe for billions and keep our livestock population around the globe healthy and free of disease, it’s no wonder that what we do each day is more than just a job. There’s an energy across IDEXX that is contagious – w caring and committed people come together to make things better.
Responsible for leading commercial performance initiatives, strategies, and programs within a key business area or areas with primary responsibility for channel plans for our Inside Sales Center and Online store. Plan, execute, measure, report and refine commercial activities of key business area(s). This position will partner closely with the N. A. field sales organization, commercial systems, customer support, business operations and our commercial and LOB marketing teams to ensure a flawless order fulfillment experience (both Inside Sales and IDEXX Online Orders), supporting the achievement of revenue goals while also driving customer loyalty and retention. Act as the primary interface/liaison between internal stakeholders and area(s) to support business objectives.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Partners and works strategically with other related departments including field sales, customer support, commercial systems, customer operations, training, lines of business, finance, marketing, business & technology operations, product development and others
- Develops strategic plans for the growth of the business, coordinates work, resolves issues, communicate progress, milestones and new ideas to achieve sales goals.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders on new product definition, sales programs and product positioning.
- Develops go to market/ business plan strategy for the area based upon marketing strategy and business need. Identify key activities and goals to result in desired outcome.
- Collaborates with sales (including Field Sales and Inside Sales) and channel marketing leadership to ensure execution of strategy, refining as needed.
- Oversees the identification, development and implementation of dashboards and performance metrics.
- Analyzes data to evaluate performance, plan effectiveness, and to predict the viability of future initiatives. Shares information with key business audiences. Makes recommendations for future needs and changes.
- Works with sales leadership to assess capacity as well as skills and abilities required for sales initiatives. Acts as a strategic partner with the training organization to identify and prioritize training initiatives. Provides guidance to the training team around specialized information when necessary, or aligns them with another appropriate resource.
- May create systems and procedures to ensure overall effectiveness of area projects/programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Adheres to and models the IDEXX Purpose & Guiding Principles.
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Marketing, or Science; or an equivalent combination of related education and experience.
- Masters Degree, a plus. EXPERIENCE:
- 8+ years of related professional business experience, sales, marketing experience, and/or related product experience
- Business experience within the functional area preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in the animal health care industry preferred.
- Typically drives initiatives for complex business projects, programs and initiatives. Analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple variables and factors. Typically works on significant and unique issues.
- Highly visible position with high level of influence over strategy and execution of strategy.
- Works under minimal supervision with wide latitude for independent judgment.
- Solve problems independently and assumes responsibility taking a leadership role as needed.
- Highly skilled and proficient.
- Advanced, in-depth understanding of business lines/products supported.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- General business knowledge required.
- Sales and marketing business knowledge required.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate and persuade at all management levels and thrive in a cross-functional organization.
- Influencing skills to gain commitment and support for decisions and to motivate the organization to support business initiatives.
- Strong/advanced presentation skills; ability to present and explain business requirements to all audiences.
- Strong reasoning and analytical skills.
- Solid financial analysis skills.
- Ability to translate business objectives into an executable plan (and vice versa).
- Proven Leadership ability in a high performance work culture.
- Organized, with ability to manage and prioritize several projects at once
- Drive, initiative and creativity.
- Proficient computer skills with strong MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Extensive sitting, phone and computer use.
- Some travel required.
- General office environment.
- Normal office noise level.