Pega Developer (CSSA) - Senior Application Software Engineer (Core Systems)
Position Purpose: Design, build, test and maintain scalable and stable off the shelf application or custom built technology solutions to meet business needs. Act as a subject matter expert for Application Software developers and Engineers.
- Contribute to the entire implementation process including driving the definition of improvements based on business need and architectural improvements
- Meet with business partners to understand business needs
- Responsible for overall design of the solution
- Design, build and test applications
- Conduct root cause analysis and advanced performance tuning for complex business processes and functionality
- Help to develop long-term and future policies, standards and guidelines that direct the design, development and implementation using Pega across the enterprise.Implements PRPC/ PEGA 7 solutions requiring integration of multiple crosscutting, enterprise-wide platforms, operating systems and applications to reduce costs and improve information flows. Ensures maximum re-use of enterprise assets as wells as class structures and rules within PRPC/ PEGA 7.Ensures all Pega projects align with the Pega Best practices, business and IT strategies.Research, evaluate and assessment of business requirements using Pega Tool that could improve current systems and technologies and support overall business goals.Provides technical consultation and presentations to the Sr. Management and IT management to ensure adoption of Best Practices to develop efficient systems. Work with application development teams to develop scalable solutions on multi-tier architecture using Pega PRPC/ PEGA 7 platform in order to meet business area objectives.Ensures adoption of design Best Practices, Class structure re-use, Pega tools for Direct Capture Objective and Application Profiler, provide staff enablement, guidance, testing strategy.Install, configure and monitor Pega Software, Pega Frameworks and Pega tools.Troubleshoot application problems.Work with database DBAs and application team to monitor and tune the application and database queries.
Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, related field or equivalent experience. 3+ years of related experience. Healthcare experience strongly preferred, requires demonstrated understanding of business process as it relates to experience in the field.
More than 3 years of IT experience.Minimum 3 years of experience building Business Process Management solutions using Pega PRPC and PEGA 7.Minimum 2 years of experience in technical design and helping application design/ development team.Experience in communicating and presenting technical information to non-technical people.Minimum 1 years of experience using CPM Framework.Minimum 2 years of experience in Object Oriented Programming or building large J2EE Applications.
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Job: Information Technology
Primary Location: USA-California-Rancho Cordova
Other Locations: USA-Missouri-Chesterfield
Organization: G&A-IT-Product & Health Care Services