The Network Sales Engineer will provide support to all Alaska Communications Sales teams to include Commercial, Local and State Government, and Federal/Carrier teams. The NetworkSales Engineer will have a key role in developing and maintaining strategic account relationships that are vital to Alaska Communications success in the Enterprise Data market and achieving the Company's revenue and EBITDA goals. Provides technical sales support for advanced VoIP, video conferencing and data network solutions to all sales groups.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Customer Facing - Interact and work closely with the Sales Managers and Sales teams to actively participate in sales calls and processes to help qualify and prioritize sales opportunities as well as assist and participate in customers meetings and presentations.
- Respond to RFSE (Request for Sales Engineering) - Provide specialized support to the Sales team by providing technical expertise, written technical proposal documents for customers, network design documents, and guidance in the planning and closing of sales opportunities, as well as, prepare and deliver customer presentations to technical and executive audiences. Effectively manage workload and priorities to provide quality pre and post sales technical support to the sales organization in a timely and accurate manner and driven by a commitment to customer service that compels the Company to acquire and retain loyal customers by anticipating and exceeding their expectations.
- Interact with other departments including NetworkEngineering, Facilities, Legal, and so forth as necessary to assist Sales in solution design.
- Provide Post Sales Support - Develop and provide a clear, accurate and comprehensive Scope of Work documents and designs that can be used as input to customer proposals and/or RFP responses and provide necessary detail and expectations to ensure an effective hand-off to the implementation team and order processing.
- Provide Support to Product Development and Process Improvement Teams as requested - Make recommendations to the Product teams on new products or product enhancements that could enable Alaska Communications to better serve customer requirements and/or position Alaska Communications in a competitive advantage.
- Perform other duties and complete projects not specified on this job description, as assigned.
- Project Coordination Skills - Must process strong organization, planning, analytical and problem solving skills. Will assist project managers and directors in leadership and management of all aspects projects on multiple, small-scale project planning, execution, timing, and functionality, quality, communication, and cost. Will draft and update project plans as directed by the project manager, lead meetings for issues, risks, change, and action items. Maintain project plans, provide project metrics, facilitate weekly update meetings, and create/update compliance and project documentation. Ensure timely and accurate communication with project staff throughout the life cycle of the project.
- Customer Centricity - An attitude of customer as the key to success, and keeping the customer's interests paramount. Able to speak about the customer's business challenges and opportunities in a specific manner and if relevant, bringing that information into Alaska Communications so that telecom solution sets can be developed and then presented back to the customer.
- Customer Focus - An attitude of customer as the key to success, and keeping the customer interests paramount. Being driven by a commitment to customer service that compels us to acquire and retain loyal customers by anticipating and exceeding their expectations.
- Network Management - Maintains a keen understanding of business processes and network management systems as they relate to network performance, network management and reporting.
- Technology Understanding and Expertise - Big picture view of telecom networks (Ethernet, IP, SONET, switching, wireless, VOIP, microwave, satellite), the technologies, process and systems used to engineer, design, build and operate such networks. More importantly, understanding the technology trends that are of importance to your customers and having the skills to serve as a trusted advisor to customers in the technology space.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Sales Ability - Ability to use appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance of a product, service, or idea.
- Systems Analysis - Ability to determine how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, telecommunications or related field. Equivalent education, experience, and training may be substituted for the degree requirement.
Experience: Four (4) years of sales and networkengineeringexperience in a telecommunications provider or telecom vendor environment, of which at least two years involved supporting networkarchitecture in a pre or post-sales engineering capacity and at least two involved sales or providing sales support that involved direct contact with customers. Experience must have resulted in demonstrable expertise with current and emerging telecommunications technologies and associated protocols, to include Layer2 or Layer3 services, Metro Ethernet, VPNs, Frame Relay, DSL, IP, MPLS, VPLS, VoIP, IP Telephony, CoS, QoS technologies, and the OSI model.
Computer Skills: Demonstrated proficiency working with software essential to the job, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Candidate must be proficient in Visio design software and PowerPoint presentations.
Certificates & Licenses: CCNA or comparable certification is relevant to the position. Demonstrated equivalent knowledge gained through experience may be substituted, on the condition that the incumbent is required to receive certification within 6 months of the incumbent's start date.
Other Requirements: Advanced degree in telecommunications or technical field, business, marketing, or related field preferred. Valid Class D Alaska driver's license is required.