Preferred Sands, headquartered in Radnor, Pa., is a leading proppant technology company revolutionizing the oil and gas industry with cutting-edge, clean solutions designed to drive down costs and make the United States more competitive. As the first proppant company to invest in such technologies, Preferred is strategically positioned to thrive as the market continues to undergo a major transformation. Our innovative and sustainable solutions are playing a major role in growing and maintaining energy independence for the United States and other countries.
With the company’s continued dedication to sustainable product development, Preferred is not only committed to the protection of the environment but also the health and safety of its employees and the communities it serves. We are a company driven by an entrepreneurial spirit, a results oriented culture and a philosophy based on individual performances and responsibility.
We are currently seeking a Senior Financial Accountant for our Preferred Sands of Atascosa operation located near Poteet, TX.
- Reconcile all general ledger accounts specific to the plant
- Prepare accurate and timely financialreports
- Maintain productivity savings and report monthly on the status of the plant.
- Analyze plant monthly financial results and prepare commentary
- Develop controls to ensure management has accurate and pertinent information concerning manufacturing operations
- Interpret operating results as they affect the financial aspects of the facility and make specific recommendations which will result in cost reduction and profit improvement.
- Reporting variances to set standards in a manner that supervisors and managers can understand and take corrective action.
- Apply critical thinking skill, financial modeling and other best practices to determine best financial approach, to meets productivity and financial goals while maintaining budget controls.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or finance
- 5-10 years of accounting experience, preferably in the manufacturing industry
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment.
- Self Starter.
- Strong team player who is able to work across multiple functions and disciplines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.