Responsible for purchasing and negotiating materials, equipment, and supplies from vendors.
Evaluates vendor quotes and services to determine most desirable suppliers.
May require a bachelor's degree and 4-6 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under immediate supervision.
Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment.
Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
Support the commodity teams by assisting in the following tasks to assist and allow the Indirect Category Managers successful on time negotiation of supplier contracts
- Develop & execute sourcing strategies for indirect categories focused on delivering productivity & working capital results while reducing Indirect spend
- Assist buyers in the internal Honeywell systems, processes, and systems to place and manage POs and suppliers
- Prior knowledge of contracting in the Professional Services / Engineering Services category space
- lead supplier business reviews, engage key internal customers and stakeholders across sites
- Interface effectively with internal customers and external suppliers
- Communicate category strategy across the organization
- Drive utilization of eSourcing activities (eAuctions, eRFX)
- Thoroughly understand and adhere to Honeywell purchasing policies and procedures
- Benchmark peer companies respective to above categories
- Works with cross functional teams to ensure eAuction project objectives and timelines are met
- Change Agent: Effectively support integration of new and existing processes and strategies into cross-functionally as required
- Due to export restrictions, this position requires either United States Citizenship or United States Lawful Permanent Resident status
- BA/BS in Business, Purchasing or other relevant discipline.
- 6+ years relevant sourcing experience with extensive knowledge of category management for Indirect categories (Professional Services, Consulting, Subcontracting, Engineering Services) including demonstrated experience with leveraged agreements, multi-yearcontracts, strategic sourcing processes, and negotiations
- Knowledge of contractlaw
- Trained in advance negotiation techniques (i.e. Baygroup, etc)
- Read, Write, and Speak English
- CPM Certification, Six Sigma, or Lean certification a plus.
- Ability to build consensus across multiple organizations and all levels of the enterprise
- Capable of moving past barriers
- Self-directed & motivated
- Capable of independently leading multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated success leading cross-functional groups
- Ability to multi-task projects and assess priorities in a complex and demanding environment
- Excellent verbal & written communication & presentation skills
- Bias for action/self-starter
- Effective facilitator
- Demonstrated program management skills and ability to drive projects to completion
- Ability to handle multiple customers/priorities with minimal supervision under challenging conditions
- Ability to work in a virtual environment
- Demonstrated experience with Ariba preferred
- Advanced level expertise with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word.)