CashStar created the digital gifting category in 2008, leading the transformation of the world’s most popular gift from a simple piece of plastic into a versatile mobile and social currency for retailers and consumers. Digital gifting is growing at a rapid pace which creates outstanding opportunities, exciting challenges, and the potential for big rewards for those working in the industry. More than 300 brands across all retail categories use the company’s flexible SaaS platform to drive acquisition, lift, and loyalty through engaging, personalized digital gifting experiences and promotions.
Leading companies rely on CashStar to power the most innovative and advanced prepaid and digital gifting programs, including Best Buy, Brookstone, Coach, Crate & Barrel, Dell, Dunkin’ Donuts, Gap, lululemon athletica, Office Depot, Petco, Pottery Barn, QVC, Sephora, Staples, Starbucks, The Cheesecake Factory, The Home Depot, and Williams-Sonoma. In addition, CashStar powers the distribution of digital gift cards into leading loyalty programs and incentive platforms. CashStar continues to experience incredible growth as evidenced by being ranked the #6 software company on the 2013 Inc 500 list of fastest-growing private companies and being named to the Forbes 2014 list of America’s Most Promising Private Companies.
A Senior System Administrator at CashStar is part of our DevOps team, responsible for supporting and enhancing a complex highly available SaaS infrastructure hosted on AWS in multiple regions. We are seeking a seasoned system administrator to work with engineers and project managers to design and implement our end-to-end environments.
With a focus on the operational elements of our services, day-to-day duties could involve designing new automated processes, spinning up new infrastructure, maintaining and supporting a multitude of stacks, and integrating with the development teams. We want your help making sure our systems continue to be robust, resilient and supportable, all while scaling for the needs of our rapidly growing company.
Our Technology Stack
AWS, CentOS, SaltStack, nginx, graphite, Jenkins, docker, Python/Java/Go, MySQL, haproxy, memcached, RabbitMQ, Mercurial/Git
Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of production-level Linux System Administration experience (Redhat preferred)
- Familiarity with AWS and its offerings (or equivalent cloud provider)
- Experience with scripting and debugging in languages such as python, ruby, perl, bash
- Experience with configuration management tools (saltstack/puppet/chef or the like)
- A firm grasp of basic networking concepts including routing, subnets and firewalls
- Must be available to work the occasional weekend and handle 24/7 pager-based oncall duties on a rotating basis.
- Experience with agile environments, continuous deployment/delivery, and system automation tools
- Experience in a SaaS environment
- Comfort with SQL in some sort of relational database (MySQL preferred)
- Enjoys playing with the latest devops tools and technologies
- Must be focused, energetic and reliable and have unimpeachable integrity
- Communicate effectively in both written and oral form
- Additional relevant training courses (from colleges, universities, conferences or corporate) are a plus
- CashStar offers a competitive compensation and benefits package
- Compensation and title are commensurate with experience