Since our founding in 1995, Bowman Consulting has provided award-winning service on hundreds of successful projects, each with its own challenges and opportunities. Bowman Consulting's Engineers and Project Managers have earned a reputation for delivering timely and economical solutions to virtually every type of civil engineering challenge. We command comprehensive and up to date knowledge of local, state and federal regulations. We are highly efficient at obtaining the necessary entitlements, wherever our clients are building. By helping to define solutions and expedite processes throughout construction, we keep projects moving to successful completion. Why Bowman Consulting? At Bowman Consulting, we believe in creating opportunities for aspiring people to thrive and achieve ambitious goals. That’s why a career at Bowman Consulting is more than a job. It is an opportunity to be part of a diverse and engaged community of professionals, to be treated as a respected and valued member of a motivated team and to be empowered to do exceptional work that advances the best interest of everyone involved in it. We recognize the importance of creating a work environment that is both rewarding to our employees and supportive of our unwavering commitment to provide unparalleled service to our clients. We are currently searching for a Structural Engineer II to join our Chicago, IL office that will perform the design and provide engineering services as they relate to transportation, infrastructure and land development projects. Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate, select and apply standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria on moderately complex projects.
- Make design recommendations, adaptations, and modifications.
- Plan, schedule, conduct, and/or coordinate detailed phases of assigned project work.
- Complete design work using computer aided software.
- Prepare reports and correspondence concerning the direction of assigned projects.
- Ability to perform bridgeinspections, assessments and preparation of reports.
- Work closely with other disciplines on multi-discipline projects.
- May assist senior level staff or management with clients and agencies; subcontractors, and design teams on moderately complex project issues.
- Review plans and prepare or review technical specifications, contract documents, and estimates.
- Bachelor’s degree in structural engineering or related field. Advanced degree a plus.
- PE registration required, and S.E. registration preferred or the ability to obtain one within one year of being hired.
- Minimum of five (5) years engineeringexperience.
- Must have experience with computer applications and design software such as Microstation, AutoCAD, Con/Span, MDX, STAAD, Microsoft Office, etc.
- Must be proficient with reading construction plans.
- Strong business acumen, ability to think strategically and innovatively. Knowledge of AASHTO Standard Specifications, AREMA, IDOT Bridge Manual, Tollway Structural Manual, ASCE 7.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Self-management and organizational skills, able to manage workload, set priorities and adjust as needed. High aptitude for solving problems.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with government officials, clients and staff members.