As an Electric Drive Software Engineer you will plan, coordinate, and carry out software development activities for electric drive components and systems used on vehicles worldwide. Electric drive systems include motors, generators, power inverters, safety protection devices, control systems, conductors, and connectors. In addition, you will:
- Work with other engineers to define and develop the engineering specifications of electric drive systems for EPDP product programs with a focus on the system and software behavior.
- Architect the overall software design to meet the vehicle performance requirements. This activity includes understanding drive control schemes for permanent magnet and induction machines, with associated requirement of the torque/current control. The software architecture must integrate electric machine control systems, low level hardware interfaces, and high level application modules.
- Take work direction from and support the lead software engineer in the group while providing technical guidance to other engineers in software/system development processes.
- Commission new systems and troubleshoot vehicle system problems, making recommendations and giving technical guidance to product platforms.
- Ensure that EDSG software development processes are followed, implement model-based system engineering, and create software quality and verification plans. Duties include managing work flow, supporting document creation, and participating in activities such as FMEAs, design reviews, change management, product validation, product verification, and diagnostic development.
- Interact heavily with JD Tech Center India, JDES personnel, and suppliers.
- Work with different Deere product platforms across the Ag and Turf division, managing multiple project workloads.
US visa sponsorship is not available for the role
Location preference is Moline, IL however manager will also consider can be Waterloo, IA, Cary, NC, Fargo, ND or Dubuque, IA
What Skills You Need
- Model-based system design expertise from model creation to compilation and linking.
- Proficient user of MATLAB/Simulink for model-based design
- Ability to effectively collaborate with Deere’s Tech Center India and other distributed teams.
- Good written documentation capability for writing technical reports, requirements documents, commissioning documents.
- Ability to manage the workload of several projects.
- Embedded software development experience with electric drive systems and components.
- Understanding of and experience with Controller Area Networking (CAN)
- 3+ years Product Engineeringexperience
- 2+ years Product Design experience
- Ability to travel domestically and/or internationally up to 25%
What Makes You Stand Out
Other areas of experience or interest that will help us place you on the right team include:
- Experience developing electric drive systems for off-highway vehicles.
- Significant lab experience with electric drive systems.
Ideally, you will have a degree or equivalent work experience in the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in electricalengineering or a related field.
- Advanced technical degrees in electric drive fields is desired.