The Senior Analyst will be responsible for driving numerous analytic functions to support Staple’s Mid-Market Sales Operation Team. The individual will impact business results by performing timely, insightful and actionable analyses to influence strategy and key growth initiatives. This role requires extensive hands-on data experience. The analyst must also be an excellent collaborator and communicator. The successful candidate is a problem solver in a fast-moving and highly diverse environment and will be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously while ensuring accuracy and timeliness are not compromised. In addition to strong analytical skills, the Senior Analyst must be adept at communicating findings to senior leadership in both verbal and presentation formats.
- Work with key business partners to understand Business’ questions and determine the best way to respond to said business questions, then pull the data and structure the results in a manner and context that is appropriate to the requestor.
- Support long range planning, roadmap creation, transparent financial and portfolio reporting
- Collect data and prepare documentation for roadmap, dashboard and business review sessions
- Produce weekly metrics/dashboards on overall health of program/assessments
- Create and manage KPI reporting to enable Staples’ sales units to gain insights into operational changes, program performance, program and sales force profitability metrics, and customer purchase behaviors.
- Gather insights from campaigns, reporting, and ad hoc analytics. Articulate findings with appropriate business partners (e.g. sales ops/marketing/merchandising/finance) as well as senior leadership to influence business activities.
- Develop complex interactive/dynamic dashboards with Tableau or Power BI. Work with large sets of data to build easily consumable data visualizations; communicate meaningful trends and complex relationships found in the data.
- Identify ways to automate analyses through smarter software systems.
- Research, test and recommend the adoption of new techniques in reporting and analytics.
- Be the subject matter expert in providing critical interpretation of complex data on customer and marketing analytics approach to solving marketing challenges.
- Contribute to process improvement by ensuring quality standards and procedures are documented and updated as needed
- Seek feedback, advice and clarification of processes to ensure quality of work
- Balance time, resource and quality constraints to complete projects and/or achieve business objectives
- Establish and foster business relationships ensuring roles, responsibilities are clear and ease of communication is established to simplify processes
- Meet internal and external deadlines
- Bachelor Degree in any of the following fields: computer science/programming, marketing/business management, analytics, math, statistics and/or equivalent, relevant and related work experiences
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in one of the following environments: analytics, sales management database marketing, direct marketing
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of direct sales reporting techniques and operational best practices, direct marketing principles, relational/database management, marketing campaign execution, circulation and related techniques, strategies and tools
- Hands-on experience with pulling data from large and complex data sets and relational databases.
- Expert level proficiency in SQL
- Knowledge and/or experience in Hadoop Cluster, Hive, and other Big Data technologies
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Access
- Experience in BI or data visualization tools (Tableau, Power BI.. etc)
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail. Ability to identify and diagnose data inconsistencies and errors.
- Strong and effective presentation and communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Proactive and self-motivated work style with proven ability to manage multiple projects and changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to clarify objectives, design analyses to answer the business question, interpret findings and package into easy to understand, actionable recommendations.
- Master’s Degree in Analytics, Engineering, Operations Research, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science or MBA with strong technical background.
- Experience with managing ETL process and API calls
- Experience with coding in programming languages (Python, R, SAS, Java, C, … etc)
- Prior work experience in retail, e-commerce, or consultancy industry
- Solid knowledge in statistics, modeling, and machine-learning algorithms
- Experience in developing/using BI tools (Looker, Business Objects, Brio, Cognos, Crystal Report, etc.)
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job number: 1019963