SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provides leadership, administration and support in assigned area(s) to ensure achievement of Mercy Health’s strategic and operational plans by effectively managing human, financial and capital resources within the spirit of its mission and values. Assumes responsibility for coordinating all available resources to assure a highdegree of safe, appropriate care and treatment for all patients in their unit; acts as practitioner, role model, educator and change agent within their unit. Works collaboratively to plan, implement and evaluate health care standards within their unit. Works collaboratively with the Director for evaluation of practice standards and problem resolution.
Qualifications - Minimum
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and current RN licensure in the State of Ohio is required.
- BSN is required.
- Magnet recognized certification required or must obtain within 1 year.
- CPR required and (Certified in ACLS – specialty units)
- Computer literacy.
- Five years experience as a professional nurse in hospital setting.
- Experience as a nurse manager preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Has in-depth knowledge of a specialized technical or administrative field, or a broad working knowledge of professional field.
- Analyzes and interprets complicated information.
- Determines a course of action based on general guidelines.
- May modify existing forms, procedures or methods.
- May use highly sophisticated equipment requiring extensive training.
PRINCIPAL JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Directs, supervises, coordinates and administers nursing service activities for their department toensure quality care on a 24 hour basis.
- Established department goals and standards of care for their department in collaboration with the Director and VP of Clinical Services.
- Supports Joint Division activities.
- Schedules and conducts monthly department meetings and, as necessary, to communicate and facilitate quality care, identify employee concerns, resolve conflict; provides individual conference time for resolving staff questions and concerns.
- Ensures that a sufficient number of qualified and competent persons are available to provide patient care.
- Responsible for department staffing schedules and using acuity, work volumes and expertise/skills of the employee to provide quality care.
- Resolves day-to-day problems and monitors progress. Reports these to the Director.
- Interacts and maintains collaborative working relationships with physicians, nursing personnel, patients, families, other departments and the community.
- Ensures compliance with specified regulatory agencies governing health care delivery and the rules of accrediting bodies as identified.
- Participates on select committees for the purpose of providing input and communicating needs/problems to/from committee and nursing personnel.
- Acts as a leader to ensure that quality care is delivered to each patient.
- Maintains and reviews ongoing system of employee performance appraisal; rewards, consults and disciplines employees appropriately.
- Evaluates qualifications ad competencies of personnel who provide patient care services.
- Identifies inferior standards of care and guides staff to improve standards.
- Provides direction during crisis and emergency situations.
- Serves as a role model when interacting with personnel, physicians, patients and families.
- Maintains clinical competency.
Promotes growth and development of department staff.
- Assists personnel in developing and achieving annual performance objectives.
- Develops department leadership and professional staff on all shifts.
- Supervises operation of specialized equipment assigned to the department as necessary.
- Assesses the educational needs of the staff.
- Plans, implements and evaluates an educational plan to meet identified needs of staff utilizing Organizational Education and in-house resources as indicated.