The Education and Workforce Development Unit at RTI International has an opening for the position of Education Analyst. Education and Workforce Development (EWD) specializes in conducting large-scale national cross-sectional and longitudinal education surveys. EWD offers expertise in survey methodology, complex statistics and sampling methodologies, computerized data collection management, computer-assisted telephone and personal interviewing, tracing and field data collection, and Web-based data collection. This person will support project activities associated with survey design and data collection, data management, methodological data analysis, and reporting in postsecondary education.
Please include a cover letter when applying. It should include previous experience as it relates to the position, interests, and a list of graduate level statistical coursework.
- Assist the design and development of survey instruments and lead development of survey sections.
- Provide technical support for and assist with the monitoring of data collection and quality assurance activities.
- Provide methodological support during data collections to include quality control activities.
- Assist with derived variable development.
- Manipulate large data sets and plan and perform statistical analyses as member of an analysis team.
- Assist in the preparation of text, statistical tables and graphics for project reports and presentations.
- Assist with the preparation of Office of Management and Budget (OMB) packages for new information collections and the renewal of existing information collection.
- Assist with the research and literature review of published and web-based education research information sources.
- Write proposal sections of limited technical complexity and gather background information to support proposal efforts.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as required.
- Master's degree in social science discipline with at least 1 year of related professional experience in survey research, data management and statistical programming.
- Demonstrated proficiency in analyzing large data sets using SAS, STATA or R. SAS is preferred. (Sample of code helpful)
- Experience in postsecondary/higher education.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to details.
- Ability to synthesize data and communicate findings effectively.
- Ability to manage competing tasks.
- Ability to work independently and with teams, and to establish and maintain good working relationships with supervisors, coworkers, and clients.
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
- Work experience in STEM fields or university administration