We are looking for PBX Operator for our client in Rancho Mirage, CA
Job Title: PBX Operator
Job Location: Rancho Mirage, CA
Job Type: Contract - 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
PBX Operator; answering phones from internal (employees and medical staff) and external callers (patients and visitors and doctors) and transferring calls. Other duties apply
Preferred: One yearoperator console:
- Demonstrates compliance with Code of Conduct and compliance policies, and takes action to resolve compliance questions or concerns and report suspected violations.
- Answers all telephones that ring in PBX with proper scripting and routes calls to the proper destination. 3. Answers incoming calls and places outgoing calls with speed and accuracy.
- Responsible for initiating all overhead paging.
- Responds to emergency alarms and codes with speed and accuracy.
- Expedites fire alarms, drills, and testing.
- Abides by all Departmental and EMC Policies.
- Must be flexible to work any shift or day as requested by supervisor.
- Keeps all records accurate and legible.
- Coordinates Heliport arrivals with Security and Nursing Supervisor.
- Pages Physicians and staff members as appropriate and calls in staff as required.
- Trains staff as needed. Helps families with their needs and directs them to their proper sources even if extra time is required.
- Maintains and activates base radio communications with
- Security and Maintenance departments.
- Takes and relays messages for answering service accounts when they are out of office or after hours.
- Obtains interpreter Via AT&T Language line when required.
- Responsible for Departmental keys throughout the hospital and gives keys only to authorized personnel.
- Assists Morgue releases by obtaining verbal release from nursestaffing for mortuary and contacting Security to assist mortuary with removal.
- Keeps up to date on the latest changes, letters, and special notices at the beginning of their shift.
- Keeps record and supply of loaner pagers.
- Actively participates in departmental decisions by participating in routine meetings and offering input