You are someone special, someone with a great deal of positive energy. In this role, you will interact with everyone in the company including members of BitTitan’s leadership team. You will support BitTitan with the utmost attention to serving our employees with professionalism and empathy. This role will put you front and center with our employees and managers, which is what makes position this so incredibly important! You will help foster and build BitTitan’s outstanding culture.
Outline of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide HR leadership for designated client groups through the implementation and interpretation of policies and programs, coordination of information flow and marketing of HR strategy.
- Help continuously build and develop HRBP initiatives at BitTitan. Work closely with business unit leaders to link overall HR strategies into business plans within assigned region/functional areas through effective deployment of HRBP initiatives.
- Consult and leaders within the organization on important HRBP topics including management and career pathing activities, staffing needs, compensation, performance management, employee relations, policy compliance, training, etc.
- Develop and present training sessions for managers to help build management capability, including topics such as HR policies and procedures, coaching and counseling techniques, progressive disciplinary process, etc.
- Develop and deliver a program of internal communication for BitTitan employees covering all aspects of BitTitan’s business.
- Work closely with managers and individual contributors to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase retention.
- Investigate employee relations matters and provide counseling, mediation and efficient handling of employee grievances while identifying and helping to manage employment related risks by responding to and resolving complaints and by participating in investigations, sometimes in partnership with HR Director or Legal.
- Consult with managers within designated client groups and provide guidance by reviewing all written corrective action documents prior to delivery to employee.
- Coordinate review of involuntary terminations as appropriate with Legal and/or Management to properly mitigate risk to BitTitan.
- Coordinate and conduct position eliminations and/or layoffs as necessary.
- Help respond to EEOC, NLRB or OFCCP complaints, charges or audits arising within assigned client groups.
- Administer, respond to and represent the company for unemployment claims and appeals within assigned client groups.
- Work onsite in the Kirkland, Washington office with ability to occasionally travel to otherlocations domestic and international.
- Effectively deal with ambiguity, recognizing trends and identifying approaches to solving problems within the client groups this position supports.
- Effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Be able to handle stressful situations with grace and diplomacy and to stay neutral in difficult employee relations issues.
- Comprehend, analyze and interpret business-related documents to offer strong business solutions to clients.
- Effectively respond to sensitive issues, complex inquiries or complaints from clients, co-workers, supervisor and/or management.
- Influence and motivate employees and client groups to take desired action.
- Perform otherresponsibilities as assigned.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business, or other related field, or equivalent experience.
- SPHR or GPHR is preferred.
- Six or more years of experience as an HR Generalist or Business Partner, preferably with experience in the Tech industry.
- Experience in a fast growing organization is preferred.
- Comprehensive understanding and skill in employee relations, state and federal employment laws and regulations, wage and hour laws, hiring practices, employee development resources, compensation and benefit programs, performance evaluation processes, Workers Compensation, ADA, OSHA/WISHA, EEO requirements. Multi-state, Singapore, UK and European employment law a plus.
- Strong analytical skills. Demonstrated track record of using and presenting data/information. Knows how to manage data in a manner that creates useful information that supports decision making.
- Strong understanding of change management and process excellence principles and the application of these principles to solving complex business problems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, problem solving, discernment, coupled with the ability to see the nuance and make solid and effective recommendations and decisions in ambiguous situations. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in a multicultural, professional environment.
- Service-oriented, “can do” approach. Flexible and proactive with changing needs. Exceptionally team-focused and active contributor to a positive and innovative work environment.
- Has as a passion for continuous improvement and quality.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint required. Visio skills desirable.
- Superior writing, composition, and English grammar skills a must.
- A proven record of consistently following through on commitments. Maintains and communicates realistic schedules and meets or beats deadlines.
- Proven ability to work on assignments that are complex and sensitive in nature where independent action and a high degree of initiative are required in resolving problems and developing recommendations.
- Demonstrates the highest ethical standards, actively promotes trust, respect and integrity in all dealings both inside and outside the Company.
- This position requires operation of a PC and viewing information on a PC monitor.
- Must be able to sit for many hours each day.
- Must be able to communicate via telephone and possess dexterity to include filing, reaching and bending.
- Willing and able to travel as needed