In conjunction with leadership, coordinate strategy execution and day-to-day operations for the Selling Guide Support Team (SGST). The SGST is an inbound service center within customer management that responds to Selling Guide inquiries coming into the 1-800-Fannie2 Hotline to ensure that callers have a better understanding of Fannie Mae's guidelines in order to originatehigh quality mortgages. The specialists that service the service center are Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) responsible for providing general guidance to approved Fannie Mae lenders, providing detailed call trend data to Fannie Mae leadership team and influencing stakeholders regarding credit policy. The manager must articulate goals, allocate resources, and manage workflow for the team.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manages a team that functions as a National resource that provides timely assistance, primarily by phone, and support for inquiries pertaining to information within Fannie Mae's Selling Guide to both external and internal Fannie Mae customers.
- Monitor detailed feedback on call trends to consistently provide trending information, which provides a perspective on how well the industry understands current and new guidelines, as well as gain insight into emerging market trends. The trend data may also drive training curriculum for lenders and industry and highlight communication gaps associated with announcements.
- Stay abreast of and well versed on all Guide/Product changes (e.g. Announcements, Lender Letters, Publications, etc.). Ensure that team is continually briefed on and understands changes.
- Interprets internal and external customer service related surveys to monitor the level of quality, satisfaction and success of the services provided by the SGST as a means to identify any area(s) for process improvement, improved customer service, fewer missed opportunities and overall service excellence.
- Coordinate and administer assignments, monitor team progress, and maintain schedules. Identify opportunities to streamline, improve efficiencies, and reduce costs.
- Report to management on the unit's production, activities, and efforts.
- Represent the unit as an expert or resource to cross-functional project or coordinating teams.
- Plan, document, and manage the performance of subordinate staff. Provide for professional or technical growth through assignment, mentoring, or training.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 6+ years of relatedexperience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Qualified candidates must have a minimum of five years of originations underwriting experience.
- Expert familiarity of Fannie Mae Selling Guide.
- Excellent analytical skills, ability to quickly understand complex problems and scenarios and recommend solutions.
- Strong organizational skills, teamwork driven and customer/results oriented.
- Strong leadership skills
- Management experience is preferred
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Intermediate user of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong presentation skills
- up to 25% travel may be required
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation.