Job Title: Manufacturing Instrument & Controls Engineer Senior – Beaumont, TX
Goodyear. More Driven.
About the Position
Ensure the proper design, installation, modification & maintenance of new and existing plant equipment, buildings and facilities.
Ensure equipment complies with all safety, environmental and other regulatory compliances.
Track engineering expense & capital budgeting compliance.
Assist operations & maintenance to provide the necessary support to the production organization in order to promote the production of the highest quality product at the lowest possible cost.
- Perform activities involving continuous improvement tools, analysis of product irregularities, recommending solutions & facilitating cost down initiatives related to improving product costs. These duties would include assisting in training & instruction of appropriate team members & day-to-day floor support.
- Assist in identification of unacceptable performance through analysis & acquired technical knowledge of the product & process including waste & cost reduction.
- Determine, select, and specify instrumentation and controls required to monitor, operate and control mechanical, processes and electrical systems. Provide input on/develop P&IDs. Produce logic diagrams, control narratives (sequence of operations) and wiring diagrams. Interpret and apply codes, job procedures, standards and specifications. Produce PLC/HMI Architecture Design including Ethernet, ControlNet and Remote I/O. Develop control panel designs.
- Assist in & learn process to prepare cost estimates, financially justify projects, prepare budgets, review design, supervise installation & commissioning. Assists in research of new equipment, systems & processes to advance plant operations. Interface with other design disciplines. Perform Inspections of equipment as required.
- Gain understanding & assist to ensure environmental, health & safety & other regulatory compliances by working with appropriate associates on EHS issues, following the implementation of management of change requests & continually improving the communication across all relevant departments.
- Participate in contractor management process & periodically auditcontractor’s work to ensure that safe work practices & standard operating procedures are followed. Monitor and review on-site installation, start-up and operation of instrumentation and controls. Provide field assistance as required.
Education and Requirements
- BS in engineering (Chemical, Electrical or Mechanical preferred) and MSpreferred
- 6 years' experience working with multi-disciplinary engineering & maintenance associates to achieve cost effective goals.
- Requiredexperience in Instruments and Controls.
- Equipment design experience, along with project engineering or project management role.
Knowledge skills and abilities
- Ability to use appropriate computer-based technology & interpret & create technical CAD drawings & schematics.
- Ability to understand electrical or mechanical diagrams and network layout and I/O diagrams
- Ability to program & debug programming languages & understand & troubleshoot machine problems.
- Ability to be self-motivated and have impromptu problem solving skills.
- Ability to understand and assess customer’s requirements and need in the field.
- Some knowledge in design electrical control systems.
- Ability to understand & design modern safety control systems.
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 66,000 people and manufactures its products in 49 facilities in 22 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
Beaumont Posted: Oct 18, 2017