UCT is looking for a talented Manufacturing Engineer to join our Chandler, AZ team! The Manufacturing Engineer work to integrate the entire manufacturing process. This spans from receipt of order, documentation review, production supply chain, and concludes after product is shipped to customer satisfaction. The aim is to allow the maximum volume of high-quality product to be produced at the lowest cost and in the shortest time. They use the latest computer technology and employ a systematic approach to finance, methods, materials and technology across traditional departmental boundaries.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment.
- Provide accurate Labor Quotes for new Projects as required which include Programming, Fabrication Assembly, Test, Inspection and Packaging (Involving Functional Groups required).
- Calculates production costs that include equipment, time and labor.
- Creates Manufacturing ready documentation such as O.M.S. (Operational Methods Sheet) and Assembly Process Workflow.
- Validate accuracy of Customer BOM’s and Assembly Documentation.
- Interfaces with customers as required.
- Ability to Design tooling, fixtures and associated manufacturing components using 3D parametric CAD software.
- Ability to perform multiple engineering disciplines from tolerance analysis, FEA to complex mechanism/system design.
- Develops Training Curriculum as required for Best or New Mfg. Practices.
- Assists in cost estimations and developing of capital project programs for new equipment.
- Designs the layout of the facility using computer-aided design / manufacturing CAD/CAM software to build 3D models.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, facilities and equipment layout.
- Provides technical direction and on-the-job training to production staff.
- Develops plans, schedules and leads cross functional team within multiple projects.
- Prepares and/or modifies work instructions, BOM structures and training curriculum.
- Confers with engineers, technicians, customers, and others to discuss best practices in effort to streamline build processes and procedures.
- Inspects completed systems; partner with Manufacturing and Quality organizations to ensure conformance to design and equipment specifications; as well as, compliance with operational and safety standards.
- Supports project production efforts to assure projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Investigates customer or internal issues, determine nature and extent of problem, and recommend corrective actions.
- Maintains a quality culture within the manufacturing environment.
*Not an exhaustive list since other job requirements may arise as a result of changes in business decisions. The company reserves the right to change this job description as needed.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient in 3D parametric CAD modeling, specifically SolidWorks, ProEngineer, Autodesk Inventor.
- Proficient in 2D Auto CAD, In depth knowledge of engineering disciplines, standards and GD&T.
- Lean Manufacturing Principles, Six Sigma Greenbelt preferred.
- Familiarity with semiconductor capital equipment.
- Electrical / Mechanical aptitude. Requires a broad knowledge of Manufacturing Practices, Detail & Assembly drawings, Bill of Materials, test, quality and crating; as well as, machining, sheet metal and frame weldment fabrication.
- Demonstrated skills in implementing Continuous Improvement Initiatives, Lean Manufacturing and other quality and process improvement tools.
- Proactive self-starter who can lead with a strong ability to drive changes and continuous improvement.
- Customer oriented both internally and externally.
- ERP System Software experience.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Suite, emphasis in Excel.
- Energetic, highly motivated self-starter, leader and decision maker.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to effectively inform others and present technical informal to all parties.
- Prior experience leading teams to achieve project success.
- Good Interpersonal skills; ability to work alone or in team environment.
- Potential travel to customer sites (less 15%).
- Ability to work additional hours as business needs require.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Manufacturing or related field
Experience Requirement: Work Experience:
- 10+ years of experience in related manufacturing/ production position. Contract manufacturing a plus.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions: Criteria:
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Works in a manufacturing, clean room and/or office environment.
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, walk, push, pull and grasp.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to move arms, hands and fingers.
- Required to have visual acuity to perform assigned tasks.
- Ability to sit or stand for sustained periods of time.
- Ability to talk on phone and use computer for extended periods of time may be required.
- Required to wear personal protective equipment where applicable.
- Subject to noise levels.
- Subject to hazards including electrical current, moving mechanical parts, exposure to chemicals and debris.
- May involve exposure to moderate noise levels from printers, faxes, computer etc.
REF no: R-0575