Job Description Summary: Supervises the daily work activities of the Pressure Operations group to ensure the safe control of gas pressure levels in Washington Gas’ transmission and distribution system within a defined regional area. Requires the ability to be on call and respond to incidents on a rotating 24-hours-a-day, 7-days-a-week basis throughout the entire franchise area.
Tasks & Responsibilities: • Supervises the work of represented technicians, including hiring, evaluating, training, performance management, compensating, motivating, coaching, and developing goals and procedures to ensure the achievement of goals, forecasting, planning, assigning, and distributing daily work assignments.
• Washington Gas’s (WG’s) entire franchise area.
• Interacts with external audiences to interpret guidelines and procedures and/or to resolve daily problems associated with the unit’s programs, systems, and services.
• Ensures on-time completion of all regulator station inspections as scheduled and as required by the Department of Transportation (DOT).
• Oversees the on-time completion of all transmission and distribution valve inspections as scheduled and as required by DOT.
• Tracks monthly expenditures for both stock and non-stock purchases, Justifies monthly budget variances and forecasts future expenditures.
• Ensures the on time-completion of Capital replacement and new installations.
• Maintains compliance with approved O&M and Capital Budget guidelines for their area.
• Leads emergency response efforts and supervises employees during emergencies.
• Develops sequence of operation for various types of main and/or service repair.
• Delivers presentations to various audiences.
• May be assigned to serve as Project Manager for pressure upratings and/or pressure increases.
Skills & Abilities: • Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required.
• A minimum of 5 years of gas operations related work experience, preferably in the areas of DOT compliance work, regulator station maintenance and valve maintenance
• Working knowledge of regulator operations, regulator maintenance procedures, transmission and distribution system maintenance procedures required.
• Proven ability to use computer software and applications, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) for data management, research, analysis and reporting purposes.
• Demonstrated ability to establish rapport and effective working relationships with business partners, supervisors, subordinates and peers.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve narrowly-defined business problems.
• Demonstrated ability to present ideas logically and concisely to diverse audiences at all organizational levels, both verbally and in writing.
• Demonstrated ability to quickly evaluate and assess emergency response requirements due to malfunctioning regulator stations.
WGL policy prohibits employee and applicant discrimination and harassment. Specifically, our objective is to recruit, hire, train and promote the most qualified persons without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, matriculation, physical or mental disabilities, political affiliation, or status as a protected veteran.
Auto req ID1248BR