HR Generalist - Fresno, CA
GENERAL SUMMARY & SCOPE
The HR Generalist supports the HR Manager in planning and administering all human resources activities in a large distribution center. The Human Resources Generalist provides frontline HR support to DC employees and management on various shifts, and is responsible for the entire recruitment lifecycle of filling open positions.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (Essential Functions)
- Provides guidance, coaching, and support to management and staff regarding employee relations issues, performance management, policies and procedures, and other areas of the HR function as needed.
- Conducts investigations and makes recommendations to management regarding employee disputes or misconduct.
- Conducts non-exempt exit interviews and provides analysis.
- Partners with DC Management and HR Manager to determine hiring needs, develop staffing plan, develop strategy, recommend methods to meet staffing objectives, and maintains staffing reports.
- Manages recruiting process from beginning to end; sourcing, screening, interviewing, scheduling, offer letters.
- Utilizes Kronos applicant tracking system to process candidates.
- Conducts new hire orientations, and processes new hire paperwork.
- Manages the internal job posting process in the DC
- Manages the placement of temporary employees in the DC through a partnership with the selected vendor.
- Manages required documentation in accordance with legal and company requirements and ensures accuracy and completeness.
- Tracks new hire surveys, performance reviews, and exit interviews for the DCs.
- Processes internal DC transfers, leave requests and return from leaves.
- Provides administrative HR support for benefits.
Other duties as assigned, including projects related to the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or human resources and 5+ years HR generalist work experience, or equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience.
- PHR certification strongly preferred
- Previous recruiting experience and experience with applicant tracking systems preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Developed presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
- Technically proficient - particularly in MS Outlook, Word and Excel - with ability to learn additional programs and systems as needed.
- Proven experience in a role requiring a high degree of organizational skill and a strong sense of urgency; able to prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to effectively function in a team environment.
- Bilingual a plus
SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to adjust work schedule according to the business needs.
- Ability to attend off-site job fairs.