As part of the continued growth and innovation of our Power Sector, ERM has an opportunity for an experienced leader to join our global consulting firm as a key client-facing Partner in the Midwest (with a location preference for Chicago, Kansas City/Overland Park, Minneapolis, or Ohio) and become a true owner and shareholder in a business with Sustainability at its heart.
We are looking for an established leader who is interested in being part of this thriving global community – an outstanding professional who combines strong consulting and business development skills with a strong technical foundation – to foster and expand a network of excellent client relationships in thePower industry, with a focus on the electric and gas transmission and/or generation siting/development markets. We seek an individual to help us drive the continued growth of ERM’s business through selling and delivering world-class services, recruiting and developing our next generation of leaders, and further advancing our reputation for supporting development of some of the world’s most complex projects.
ERM’S POWER SECTOR:
ERM assists utilities to plan for the most sustainable choices in traditional and renewable power generation and transmission with our team working to minimize the environmental and social impact ofconventional and renewable power plants. From air quality and greenhouse gases to transmission lines and water impacts, we help clients mitigate their contribution and exposure to climate change and deliver cleaner energy.
ERM supports clients at every stage of the power development and generation process by:
- Supporting our clients in entering new markets;
- Supporting the capital projects portfolio wherever appropriate;
- Addressing HSE performance improvement issues such as the implementation of audit programs and development of leading-edge, behavioral-based safety programs;
- Creating and implementing strategies and tactics to sustainably retire assets and to support therefurbishment of brownfield sites for renewed economic development;
- Identifying and assessing sites for renewables, conventional power plants and new transmission lines;
- Securing permits for new facilities and transmission grids;
- Enabling compliance with existing and emerging environmental legislation; and
- Decommissioning and cleaning up legacy sites.
This is a Partner-level opportunity for a Principal/Director/VP-level professional looking to further his/her career with an equity stake in a global environmental/social company that aims to lead the field in sustainability consulting. A career as an ERM Partner is unique. Our partnership model offers unparalleled opportunities for leaders with ambition, vision and proven expertise, providing:
- The opportunity to contribute significantly to key decisions, including the overall strategic direction of our organization.
- Meaningful equity ownership with significant financial and intangible rewards.
- The opportunity to provide “thought leadership” on a wide range of technical and business issues impacting our core markets.
- A platform to leverage ERM’s market position and reach with your established relationships tofurther drive our growth.
- Primary focus on client account development, sales, and delivery of the full spectrum of ERM’s consulting services to deliver strategic value to our clients in the Power industry. In particular, play a key role in growing ERM’s broad portfolio of services to our clients, including traditional and renewable generation and transmission & distribution services including the following offerings:
- Major capital project program development management, including project definition, siting, assessment, permitting strategies and application development, data management, construction and operation support.
- Planning and permitting for electric/gas transmission and generation siting/development.
- HSE operational performance, including compliance, risk evaluation and support for safety, management systems, audit and assurance, and sustainability reporting.
- Asset decommissioning and land use planning.
- Corporate EHS risk management identification and solution option leadership.
- Transaction services for mergers & acquisitions.
- Actively develop commercial strategies to pursue and win new business opportunities that result in significant revenue growth with target transmission and generation clients aligned with ERM’s global strategy.
- Provide business value, selling strategically within client organizations, raising the profile of ERM’s capabilities within key client organizations, to identify and shape clients’ needs for ERM services.
- Develop new client relationships and expand existing relationships by delivering strategic consulting advice, excellent value, and quality service.
- Maintain a pulse on industry business cycles and prioritize sales efforts toward high-potential, top opportunities.
- Manage business opportunity capture efforts utilizing technical understanding to develop proposals, including written content, pricing, presentations, and contracting.
- Contribute to leadership and management of project execution activities in support of ERM clients’ electric/gas transmission, generation and other major capital projects. Lead consulting engagements in the areas of impact assessment, technical discipline-specific consulting and/or multi-media permitting and compliance.
- Build, grow, and manage a high-performance team, serving as a leader and mentor to consultants. Identify emerging talent and work with them to reach their full potential; ensure rising stars are nurtured, developed and given new areas of responsibility.
- Support the growth and development of ERM’s Power sector and actively collaborate withcolleagues across the globe. Drive innovation within the business to stay ahead of client needs and to differentiate ERM in the market.
- Work in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment to build ERM’s global business, as well as to lead client and technical teams.
- Meet business health & safety performance standards, financial targets, overall project budgets and schedules, client satisfaction/expectations, and internal risk management and contractualrequirements.
- BS/MS in engineering, science, safety, or related field.15+ years of progressive experience in either a consulting environment or working substantially with the Power Sector, including substantial experience with traditional, renewable, or electric/gas transmission generation markets in the Midwestern US.
- In-depth understanding of the Power industry and the companies operating in this market, including existing relationships that can be leveraged into new business.
- Business acumen to understand business risks and challenges, and to recognize opportunities to provide enterprise-wide solutions for clients.
- Demonstrable track record in delivering multi-million dollar sales results annually, including successfully winning large and strategic projects.
- Recognized technical expertise and an established reputation in the local marketplace.