We’re looking for an Intermediate Associate Service Officer 2 to join our world-class teamThe Senior Relationship Service Specialist is a vital member of the Commercial and Business Banking Relationship Management Team responsible for origination/on-boarding and on-going management of high value complex, multi-structural relationships as the client's single point of contact for service. In addition, they are expected to coach, train, and provide guidance to their colleagues. The Relationship Management Teams includes Division Directors, Area Directors, Marketplace Credit Directors, Senior Vice Presidents/Relationship Managers and Associate Relationship Managers (C12-C15). Commercial and Business Banking portfolios consist of Customers with revenues ranging $5MM - $500MM specializing in industries such as Manufacturing, Oil and Gas, Healthcare, and Agriculture etc that includes approximately 85 relationships with $6 million in customer net revenue (CNR) per Senior RSS. By Business design, the Senior Relationship Service Specialist (RSS) geographically resides within the local US CBG markets and is the independent services champion operating without daily onsite supervisory support or transactional intervention. Continuous exemplary prioritization of Customer and Sales inquiries, for their assigned Customers and Sales Teams, is required, based on relationship exposures and business needs, to ensure timely and satisfactory delivery. Senior RSSs are responsible for all phases of complex commercial end-to-end servicing for Liability, Cash Management, and Foreign Exchange (FX) requiring ongoing proactive client interaction, both on domestic and international business activities. The Senior RSS is accountable for assessing internal/external customer issues/challenges and achieving resolution. Senior RSSs deliver extensive support with advanced/tailored product solutions for multi-faceted business needs that are inclusive of GTS and International Clients. Be a part of the work we do to enable progress around the globe For the past 200 years at Citi, we have a drive to help clients move from ambition to achievement. Our company has been one of the foundational components of today’s modern financial infrastructure—this gives us a level of unmatched expertise in tackling the world’s most complex challenges and connecting across capabilities to enable lasting progress for our clients. We attract and nurture local talent from all over the world, ensuring our people are both deeply attuned to regional needs but also bring a global mindset to help clients, communities and nations move forward. Our culture is fueled by men and women with the passion to push beyond borders and boundaries, and the wisdom and courage to do what’s right. Citi’s Commercial Bank embodies our unique purpose as the global bank of choice for trade-oriented, mid-sized companies who see us as trusted thought partners that bring simplicity in an increasingly complex world, client-centric solutions for long-term growth and pave the way for them to reach across borders and achieve their global vision. Did you know… That Citi helped devise a plan and funded The Public Lighting Authority of Detroit to re-illuminate the city? See what else we’ve achieved to enable progress for our clients: citi.com/history. Successful Intermediate Associate Service Officers should demonstrate the following behaviors Develops our People: Builds talent and teams for Citi by creating a culture of meritocracy and transparency, and celebrating excellence, initiative and courage Drives Value for Clients: Enables economic value and positive social impact for clients, companies, governments, and communitiesWorks as a Partner: Works collaboratively across the firm and encourages others to achieve the best results for Citi and our clients Champions Progress: Champions a culture of high standards, pushes for progress, embraces change and challenges the status quo in support of Citi’s vision and global strategy Lives our Values: Ensures systematically responsible outcomes while driving performance and balancing short and long term risks Delivers Results: Sets high standards and achieves performance objectives by creating a clear path toward ethical and sustainable results On a daily basis, an Intermediate Associate Service Officer 2 will be responsible for the following
- Senior RSSs utilize expert business, industry, and operational knowledge in addition to frequent client interaction to identify value added products and client solutions for cross-sell opportunities. These Senior RSSs provide input and decisions on Cash Management, Liability and Foreign Exchange by consulting on policy compliance, operational constraints and service performance risk
- Responsibilities also include integrity of account opening / on-boarding activities and documentation, specifically for Regulatory, Know Your Customer (KYC) and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) compliance and to ensure timeliness of account setup and data quality
- Comprehensive execution of this position requires on-going judgment and subject matter expertise to ensure compliance is maintained within Global Banking Policy, Anti-Money Laundering and Know Your Customer requirements
- Senior RSSs ensure legal, regulatory and operational control requirements are maintained across their assigned diverse complex customer base on an ongoing basis
- Senior RSSs perform Risk Controls Self Assessments (RCSA) testing to ensure dynamic controls.
- Leveraging Customer feedback and industry experience, Senior RSSs provide advanced consultative support regarding product terms and conditions and needed competitive market enhancements.
- Senior RSSs serve as acting manager when their manager is unavailable
- Provide guidance on the direction and development of organization wide process improvement programs.
- Provide leadership on taskforces whose mission is to achieve our goal of bringing service to the next level
- Senior RSSs help identify the source/cause of significant customer issues so that they can be eliminated
A successful Intermediate Associate Service Officer 2 has these skills
- Broad and comprehensive knowledge of field inside and out
- Independent in-person customer contact
- High quality orientation
- Excellent problem-solving approach to responsibilities
- Advanced business writing skills
- Robust organizational and time management experience
- Ability to prioritize tasks, superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under significant pressure and time constraints, lead involvement in business process enhancement projects, and computer literacy (Microsoft Office Suite, etc.)
- Self-starter who works independently with minimal management involvement
- RSO frequently works independently in remote locations with no supervision
- Ability to make business exception decisions on the relationship by granting refund of fees up to $250 and immediate credit approval limits up to $25,000.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of policies and procedures across a wide array of products; vast knowledge of support policies; comprehensive background in relationship management; meticulous understanding of systems (Stars, CitiDirect, Eclipse, etc.) and any other ancillary systems; detailed knowledge of Business Banking and Commercial Banking operational processes
- Thorough understanding of Liabilities, Cash Management and FX processes
- Advance knowledge of portfolio management systems
- Bachelors degreerequired; Advanced degreepreferred
- 10+ years of job-related experience
- Job ID: 17068677