Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Propositionexplains what we do and Citi Leadership Standardsexplain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
This position is within the Cards Collections and Recovery Risk team that is part of Citi Retail Services Risk Management team. The team’s mission is to provide analytics, statistical modeling, informational, and application support for strategy development, treatment optimization, policy compliance and MIS reporting.
This position requires managing collections strategies related to loss mitigation treatments and customer level policies from conception to rollout with a special focus on segmentation analytics and strategy development for various card portfolios.
Key responsibilities include:
- ·Identifying new strategies and efficiencies in collections.
- ·Developing models using regression techniques or other statistical methodologies to classify accounts based on risk and collection treatment efficiency.
- ·Segmenting accounts using CHAID/CART methodologies to design champion/challenger collection strategies.
- ·Performing hypothesis testing using Statistical Experimental Designs such as Factorial Trials and Principle Analysis to determine impact from new treatments.
- ·Conducting P&L analysis using parametric or nonparametric statistics to conclude significant difference between test and control.
- ·Representing Risk Management on inter-departmental process teams.
- ·Participating in creating system requirements for new loss mitigation strategies and represent Risk Management throughout the development life cycle of a new strategy or policy.
- ·Collecting and interpreting data for ad hoc projects.
- ·Making recommendations and communicating the results to senior management.
- ·Evaluating effectiveness of current loss mitigation policies and strategies.
- ·Researching and applying new statistical techniques that can improve predictive power of collections models.
- ·Making significant contributions in the development of analytical tools used in the assessment of loss mitigation risk and policy.
- ·Qualifications include a 4 year degree in Statistics, Economics, Engineering, Finance, Mathematics, or a related quantitative field. Graduate degree is highly desirable.
- ·Minimum 5+ years of Credit Cards related experience or 5+ years related analytic experience using quantitative analysis, preferably in a risk context.
- ·Minimum 5+ years’ experience in statistical analysis with working knowledge of at least one of the following statistical software packages: SAS (preferred), SPSS, S+ or some equivalent.
- ·Experience with SQL programming in a UNIX environment.
- ·Ability to independently develop robust statistical segmentation models.
- ·Establish solid cross-functional partnerships and networks to contribute and execute cross-functional and business initiatives.
- ·Outstanding communication and presentation skills, excellent interpersonal skills, thought leadership and should be comfortable working with ambiguity.
- ·The successful candidate will have demonstrable analytic and project management skills.