The Technical Lead is the backbone of the digital development team, providing strong digital thinking, best practice solutions, and support and communication for the project team and department-at-large.
An innovator at heart, the tech lead is the mad scientist that brews up new and exciting consumer experiences, solves complicated client problems, and connects systems and services to build cohesive and comprehensive digital ecosystems.
Using their understanding of core development and marketing concepts, they create elegant solutions to client problems and work with integrated teams to deliver scalable systems and services.
The Technical lead provides support and solutions for junior and network team members. They operate as team lead for and help guide and manage junior developers. A veteran technician, they are responsible for the enforcement of web security best practices.
The Technical lead is responsible for server setup, management, performance, scalability, and client billing coordination with the Finance team. They are required to document all work and provide support for development of training materials.
The Technical Lead is also responsible for working with the Technical Director to identify technical best practices, process improvements, and new opportunities for innovation.
- Identify business and technical requirements, ideate solutions, and provide estimates against effort
- Write clean, well-documented code
- Use best-practice methods to develop scalable and reusable systems
- Define, nurture and enforce technical best practices
- Conduct peer code reviews and provide feedback
- Maintain and improve existing systems and services Work with Design and UX teams to define and design user interfaces and interactions
- Managing Agile Processes (Sprint planning, Task Assignation, Stand-ups, Coordination with PM)
- Conduct project risk identification and mitigation action planning with the PM at the project level
- Maintain code repositories and manage data backups
- Work with client and internal teams to develop clear and achievable tracking and reporting plans
- Remove technical impediments for and support junior team members
- Support the global technology team on larger builds
- Mastery of a major web programming language (PHP/ASP.NET)
- Understanding of the Document Object Model
- Understanding of HTML5 Canvas
- Systems Architecture
- Web server setup and maintenance
- Web Application Security
- Database Design
- REST APIsExperience working with Content Management Systems such as Drupal and WordPress
Preferred experience or exposure to:
- WordPress /Multisite
- Agency experience a plus
- Adobe Dynamic Tag Manager
- Google Analytics/Google Tag Manager
- GTM/DTM setup and configuration
- Supporting consumer tracking across multiple channels using web standard methods (GA/Adobe)
- Experience with various ESP’s: ExactTarget, YesMail, Mailchimp
- Data Visualization
- SEO Best Practices
- Marketing best practices