S&ME, Inc., a leading design, engineering, environmental and multi-disciplined professional services firm that responds to their clients with innovative, sustainable solutions, is seeking a full-time Senior Civil/Geotechnical Engineer/Project Manager for our Knoxville, Tennessee location. Candidate must be a registered Professional Engineer in Tennessee, or be able to obtain it within 2 months. Candidate must also have their Project Management Professional (PMP) certification from the Project Management Institute, or be able to obtain it within six months of employment.
Candidates should have geotechnical and civil engineeringexperience with water resources, dams, earthen embankments, coal combustion residual (CCR) disposal facilities including dry and wet storage, demolition of existing fossil plants, seepage analysis, waste management regulations and compliance requirements for our power generating clients. Technical proficiency in field exploration and laboratory testing programs for geotechnical investigations, solid waste permitting/design, dewatering of existing ash ponds, slope stability analysis and water quality issues required.
The position requires experience in permitting of solid waste facilities including; liner design for soil and geomembrane liners; slope stability; erosion and sediment control plans; leachate generation, collection and conveyance; grading plans; stormwater design; and NPDES permitting. Strong working relationships with environmental regulatory agencies in Tennessee required; similar relationships in surrounding states would be a plus. General responsibilities include development of conceptual design, engineering analysis of design alternatives, drawing/detail preparations, construction cost estimating, specification preparation, construction site inspections, proposal and report preparation, schedule and budget management, and communication with internal and external clients.
- MSdegree in Civil Engineering with a focus in hydrology and hydraulics, waste management of geotechnical engineering;
- Professional Engineer license; if not in Tennessee, must apply for Tennessee license within 2 months of starting;
- Demonstrated business development skills;
- 10+ years of experience in Civil Site Design;
- 5+ years in Project Manager role;
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD or Microstation;
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communications skills with peers and clients;
- Willingness to travel on temporary assignments.