As a Product Manager for NetApp’s Active IQ suite you develop and manage product marketing programs that establish leadership in predictive analytics. You develop and implement strategies that produce innovative tools for presales, customer self service and support. A strong understanding of predictive analytics, data science, pre-sales and customer work flows, relationship management skills, and demonstrated success in high-tech product management in a dynamic environment is crucial to your success. This is a strategic and execution role that requires the ability to set the vision, define innovative and industry leading solutions as well as follow through with the various development and engineering teams to see that the vision is delivered. You will be responsible for the product management of modules within the Active IQ product portfolio. This will include setting the roadmap, priorities and business needs for pre-sales, customer and support initiatives..
As a Product Manager, you are a leader on a dynamic team that delivers thought leadership and innovation for predictive analytics and self-support products:
- Define the strategy and roadmap for NetApp customer and field user predictive analytic tools.
- Lead the cross functional work groups to prioritize field and customer needs.
- Work with customers, pre-sales, and partners to gather requirements and design industry leading automation products.
- Work with cross functional teams to define roadmaps and implementation plans.
- Identify areas of innovation and define achievable requirements.
- Develop marketing programs in collaboration with sales, salessupport, product development and other cross-functional teams.
- Develop and deliver customer, sales, support and partner demos, presentations and roadmap reviews.
- Establish end user groups and communities that provide input to product requirements.
- Track and publish key metrics related to product offering.
- Benchmark products against industry leaders and use the results as innovation and differentiation requirements.
- Identify local marketing opportunities to drive awareness of the product portfolio.
- Communicate and implement product awareness campaigns and programs.
- Demonstrable success in gathering customer requirements and analyzing industry best practices for support automation.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; presentation, customer service, business, and negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work both independently and on cross functional teams.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of people and groups across cultures and geographies.
- Ability to work effectively with Staff to Sr. Exec level employees within the function, across functions and with external parties.
- Demonstrated ability to gain consensus in a diverse environment, including coaching and influencing others.
- Demonstrated Product Management experience in the technology industry.
- Experienced working with NPI teams to define product dependencies and requirements.
- Experienced bringing to market predictive analytics and data science applications.
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with competing priorities.
Typically requires a minimum of 5years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 3years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent work experience.