At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future! Where the Chemistry Happens… The Director, Seed Solutions Global Marketing, Functional Crop Care steers the global business in close coordination with the regions and lead countries. The incumbent will be responsible for the strategic development, as well as financial performance of the portfolio, in the short- and long-term and develop and implement strategies to support the implementation of sales strategies and polices. The job role implies a close cooperation with sales/marketing personnel and technical service in the global and regional organizations to realize business opportunities. Director, Seed Solutions Global Marketing, Functional Crop Care (1702591) – Research Triangle Park, NC Formula for Success: You Will…
- Develop and implement the Seed Treatment Strategy by considering market development, opportunities and competition. Execute by driving action and monitoring results.
- Seed Solutions Business and Portfolio Management: Hold responsibility for the global business development and management of the overall BASF seed solutions business. This includes budget review, challenging market estimates and budgets, and driving achievement of budget and strategic goals. In addition, oversight of sales guardrails and identifying potential for new products. Set priorities for funding and development of new products. Provide data for the preparation of business cases for R&D project proposals.
- Staff development and coaching: Set targets for group members in alignment with the targets of the unit, coach performance and track and review target achievement in frequent discussions. Conduct talent review and career development discussions in concert with staff, populating appropriate HR systems and reports.
- Sales Material: Prepare marketing measures to support regional sales, provide input to appropriate units. Share with the sales and marketing teams in the regions and countries the experience gained in technical service laboratories and manufacturing processes. Provide content for the preparation of sales material and training.
- Negotiating various agreements with 3rd parties (e.g., in-licensing products or technologies, out-licensing products/ technologies, supply agreements, collaborations (with R&D)).
Leadership Core Responsibilities:
- Coach and develop team members to reach their full potential
- Support development assignments and movement of talent across units
- Motivate and challenge to drive high performance
- Commit to "hiring the best" internally and externally
- Create an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity
- Execute performance and career development discussions
- Role model and enable development of competencies in others needed to implement BASF's strategy
- Establish and support a safety culture in which all accidents are preventable
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You… Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry. The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believeinvesting in you isinvesting in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand yournetworkand build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or a related discipline required; advanced degree is a plus.
- A minimum of 15years of total experience, with 8years in Agriculture related customer-facing roles (e.g., sales, marketing, business development).
- Prior experience in the Seed industry is preferable.
- Background in directly managing others.
- Previous experience working on a global scale and/or outside of North America is a benefit.
- Collaboration for achievement with ability to convince others.
- Act with entrepreneurial drive.
- Ability to communicate effectively through active listening, adaptable communications, and conflict resolution.
- Demonstrable customer focus.
Job ID: EN_US_1702591