- Conduct high quality, professional day-to-day execution of internal audit engagements and projects within established timelines and budgets.
- Evaluate key risks and internal controls, develop and/or review audit programs/risk & control matrices (including adapting an audit program tosuit the client’s specific environment and designing controls evaluation and testing work plans to address risks within assigned areas of theaudit), benchmark financial and operational processes and controls, and identify opportunities for efficiencies/performance improvement basedon leading practice; work with Internal Audit Managers to communicate findings/recommendations to senior management and client personnel.
- Assist in annual risk assessment activities, as appropriate, including leading interviews and/or survey processes.
- Conduct audit entrance and exit conferences and lead as appropriate for work assigned.
- Perform/review testing procedures including, but not limited to, detailed tests of controls including sampling/confidence levels, analytical procedures, Computer Assisted Auditing Techniques (CAATs), and otheraudit procedures to address risks identified and to test internalcontrols; Create high quality deliverables using appropriate business and technical language, documenting audit work performed and results by preparing/reviewing work papers. Identify / document audit issues clearly articulating issue/root cause, risk/exposure, and recommendations for improvement.
- Lead the drafting of internal audit reports and otheraudit deliverables, directing the work conducted by Auditors on the team.
- Document processes and sub-processes in the form of walkthroughs (in a format that allows them to be re-performed), narratives, and flow charts for audit areas in scope, with the assistance of Auditors, as applicable.
- Lead interactions with clients to validate the information/communication flow from the client to the audit team is efficient and effective; collaborate directly with clients and identify client concerns through building solid relationships; and work with client in an organized and knowledgeable manner/actively lead client discussions and meetings.
- Organize and maintain client documentation in a manner consistent with safekeeping practices.
- Use available technical resources and tools to research and expand one's sphere of knowledge to enhance audit value; remain up-to-date onindustry trends and NYPA-related strategic intent while sharing the knowledge amongst the team where applicable.
- Prioritize and complete tasks; communicate potential conflicts to managers and teams.
- Participate in “integrated” Internal Control Audits as necessary including evaluating IT general controls with the assistance of IT Audit team members, as appropriate.
- Coach, and mentor auditors, interns, and new hires; provide constructive on-the-job feedback/coaching to team members.
- Develop and execute complex data analysis routines and visualize the results of analytics, interpret the results of data analytics and train team members in data analysis techniques and tools.
- The level of job complexity is intermediate.
- Demonstrated integrity, values, principles and work ethic.
- Good working knowledge of relevant auditing concepts and techniques and thoroughly familiar with COSO, GAAP, GAGAS, FERC, FASB and IIA standards
- Familiar with typical Internal Audit functions and operations
- Good understanding of electric utility industry functions preferred.
- Ability to identify and articulate key risks and controls in a process and sub process and to devise and execute audit steps for a variety of audits
- Ability to plan, organize, control and execute audits while maintaining cordial and professional relationships with clients
- Sound analytical abilities along with the ability to interpret large volume of data to identify potential audit issues and develop practical cost-effective solutions; experience acquiring client data, then transforming, mapping, cleansing, and preparing data for analysis
- Good ability in recognizing audit issues and developing realistic and practical recommendations
- Demonstrates high level of competence in both oral and written communications
- Excellent organization skills; ability to plan, manage time budget and administer segments of audits within context of overall audit plan
- Exhibits a professional attitude and work ethic and has ability to interface effectively with peers and clients
- Good understanding of sampling strategies and confidence levels and use of data analytics
- Skills in execution of project management techniques and engagement closure
- Effective negotiation skills
- High standard of ethics and professionalism
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge and experience with auditing tools such Microsoft Access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Visio
- Bachelor degree in MIS, Accounting, Finance or equivalent discipline
- Minimum of three years’ experience in auditing preferable from a combination of Big 4 and major organization/company auditexperience or 6 years’ experienceauditing in an audit firm and/or organization/company
- A CPA, CIA or MBA preferable