Job ID: GEM20171209-41231
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is toensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Workwith the best and unleash your potential.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an experienced Value Stream Element Team (VSET) Leader for the SLS Final Assembly and NDT Value Stream at our Promontory campus.
Role description & Responsibilities:
Under the direction of a Promontory Value Stream Director, leads a specific element or product family within a value stream. Is responsible for delivering a product family through overall ownership and accountability of that product’s value stream including: acceptance of requirements, product and process design, planning generation, product manufacture, inspection, acceptance and delivery to the downstream customer to meet cost and schedule requirements.
Works closely with the functional organizations (e.g. design, S&MA, process engineering, supply chain and operations) to effectively and efficiently support the team as required. Manages and ensures effective concurrent engineering through the oversight and integration of all engineering and processing disciplines. Requests, acquires and manages resources within a matrix organization as necessary to accomplish the goals of the value stream.
The VSET leader is responsible for total team performance and works closely with the program office and plant functional organizations to accomplish program and company goals.
The VSET leader’s primary focus is the design and manufacture of a defect free, highest value product that satisfies every customer requirement by focusing on and effectively integrating all elements and disciplines of the associated value stream.
- All design, reliability, safety, performance, cost and schedule requirements.
- The safety of personnel, facilities and product through the development and manufacturing lifecycle.
- Produced and procured designs, processes, suppliers, materials, facilities, inspection plans, tooling, etc.
- Coordination and support of financial performance of the value stream and its functional organizations as defined by the SLS Program Office.
- Initiate and lead value enhancement and waste elimination efforts for all aspects of the component value stream utilizing PES principles for continuous improvement
- Prefer ten or more years (qualified individuals with seven years’ experience or more may be considered) in engineering, program management, production, safety and/or mission assurance roles where the candidate has developed a well-rounded background and understanding of our business and the product lifecycle
- Demonstrated ability to get things done through formal and informal channels
- Bachelor’s degree in related engineering, engineering technology discipline
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products – and your ideas – into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
CategoryEngineering and SciencesDesired Travelless than 25%GroupFlightExpertiseEngineeringEducationBachelorsJob TypeFull TimeLocationUT-PromontoryYears of Experience8-10 Years