Outline of Role
The Market Manager’s purpose is to build a profitable business for Jaguar Land Rover and its retail partners by developing the market through a strong and profitable retailnetwork. The accomplishment of this will be as a direct result of setting and achieving realistic objectives to increase sales and growth through superior business planning, process alignment, brand development, quality training and leadership.
This position works with retail partners to ensure sales objectives and overall performance of retail stores is at full potential, while ensuring smooth sales and marketing operations including working with distribution to monitor and control order pipeline and marketing / agency to ensure effective promotion campaigns.
- Monitor sales rate and inventory levels (by model and derivative) to identify any retailer or regional issues with oversupply or undersupply of stock. Work with retailers to develop strategies to address any issues that are identified.
- Coordinate with retailers and develop an accurate sales forecast for each month and every year.
- Develop and monitor individual retailer annual business / action plans and market development.
- Review and manage regional tactical sales and marketing programs. This includes ensuring retailers are effectively using all the possible tools at their disposal including the Leads Management System, Advertising Templates, Sales Incentives Program, etc.
- Schedule, communicate and report on regular retailer visit interaction. Visit major retailers preferably at least once a month (Metro) and once every two months (Major Markets).
- While at retailers, review performance metrics, marketing strategies, and other pending issues. Develop plans for improvement where needed.
- Complete detailed contact reports outlining outcome of meeting and expected deliverables.
- Conduct Regional Advertising Group meetings to determine advertising plans including newspaper ads, events and sponsorship plans and review retailer ads.
- Review assigned regional marketing budget for opportunities to support retailer efforts. Ensure up to date accounting of any expenses and Brand Manager concurrence of any upcoming proposals.
- Work with Sales Planning and Analysis to determine volume allocation to each retailer and work with retailers where necessary to fulfill orders.
- At month end, work with retailers to ensure all new and used car sales for the month have been properly registered / reported.
- Conduct semi-annual territory / market reviews and identify retailers that present both challenges and opportunities.
- Identify need for performance improvement plans and issue performance letters as required.
- Participate in the organization, staffing, and training for the annual auto shows and provide corporate representation at corporate and retail led events/sponsorships.
- Work with retailers to ensure staff has adequate training on product and selling techniques.
- Follow-up on training and development with retailers.
- Monitor retailer performance per JLR standard, annual business plan, and market objectives.
- Maximize individual retailer results within JLR programs.
- Analyze financial composites and advise retailers on potential lost profit opportunities.
- Perform other duties as needed.
Key Criteria for Role
- Bachelor’s degree – Business, Automotive, or other related field
- 5 or more years automotive experience, preferably sales field experience.
- Strong written and oral communication, analytical and organizational skills, and PC literate.
- Demonstrated ability to make sound independent decisions, lead and motivate others, and exhibit strong self-discipline and motivation.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Business management / financial statement analysis skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and assignments at a time.
- Training/education and experience acquired through assignments in credit, distribution, finance, retail operations, sales planning or customer care is an asset.
- Willingness to travel.