Accounting and Tax Manager
CoreCivic is hiring a Manager of Accounting and Tax in our Facility Support Center (FSC)/company headquarters located in Nashville, TN. The Manager, Accounting & Tax is responsible for the monthly close cycle for the Facility Support Center (FSC) G&A expenses, as well as assisting in the preparation of the income tax provision. Your responsibilities include review and analysis of departmental G&A expenses, as well as maintenance of general ledger activity for both income statement and balance sheet accounts. The Manager is responsible for coordinating the filing of federal and state income and franchise tax returns with third party tax preparers. You will also be responsible for several accruals related to judgmental accounting areas within facility operations. Supervision of accounting personnel is required, and you will be responsible for the preparation and supervision of the annual G&A budget and tax budget process.
The successful applicant should be able to perform ALL of the following functions at a pace and level of performance consistent with the actual job performance requirements.
1. Responsible for the month-end close process for the FSC G&A expenses.
2. Assists with the preparation of the provision for income taxes in accordance to ASC 740 to ensure accurate and timely tax accounting and disclosure.
3. Assists with the preparation of the quarterly and annual REIT asset and income tests, as well as intercompany charges between the REIT and Taxable REIT Subsidiaries.
4. Manages fixed asset accounts and responsible for calculating tax depreciation and tracking tax basis.
5. Ability to interact across multiple departments to evaluate accruals related to legal reserves, insurance policies, material vendor contracts, and acquisition and development costs.
6. Responsible for the reconciliation of various balance sheet accounts, as well as the preparation of the quarterly balance sheet book.
7. Supervises accounting staff in the performance of their duties and evaluates as prescribed by policy.
8. Responsible for the preparation and supervision of the annual G&A and taxbudget process.
9. Responsible for the filing of quarterly estimated tax payments, as well as coordinating the preparation and filing of annual federal and state income and franchise tax returns with outside tax preparers.
10. Coordinates production of schedules requested by internal and external auditors of the Company as well as external auditors of facility financial data.
11. Responds to routine tax notices and coordination of taxaudits, as well as tax research as needed.
12. Prepares monthly and quarterly financial statements with accuracy and integrity of all financial information.
13. Domestic U.S. travel may be required.
Graduate from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or other acceptable related field is required. Three years of experience in Accounting or Tax is required. A Master's degree in Accounting or a related field is preferred. A CPA is preferred. Strong oral and written communication skills are required. Advanced use of Microsoft Office applications is required. Experience in ERP General Ledger applications is preferred. A valid driver’s license is required. Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 18years of age. CoreCivic is a Drug Free Workplace & EOE.