Test Operations Branch Manager - (AS00024L)
The CMOE contract includes a broad scope of research and institutional facility-related maintenance, operations, and engineering support services. While the majority of work is directly in support of LaRC, other industry partners and Government agencies may be supported at remote sites as directed by the Contracting Officer (CO). The CMOE SOW comprises three major categories of work – operations, maintenance, and engineering (OME), as described below. •Maintenance – Research and institutional facility maintenance, including, but not limited to, preventive maintenance, trouble calls, repairs, Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM), Facility Condition Assessment (FCA), and maintenance/operation of central utilities (e.g., steam, electrical power distribution, potable water, storm water drainage) •Operations – Research facilities support including, but not limited to, wind tunnels, laboratories, test stands, instrumentation calibration/repair; research utilities (e.g., compressed air, Liquid Nitrogen (LN2) Plant); technology development and administration, including, but not limited to, Facility Automation Systems (FAS) and Data Acquisition Systems (DAS) •Engineering – Facility engineering including, but not limited to, engineering studies, design, construction, construction management, configuration management, tactical engineering, pressure system recertification, project management/planning support Jacobs has partnered with NASA to support space flight programs for more than 40 years and held the predecessor Research, Operations Maintenance, and Engineering (ROME) contract since 2004. We look forward to continuing that work as the contract for LaRC’s Center Maintenance, Operations, and Engineering (CMOE) contract.
- Reports to and at times serves as acting Director of Operations
- Provides direct leadership to a team of facility centric first line supervisors that oversee Test Operations
- Bring out the best of branch’s leadership and personnel by providing training, coaching, development and motivation
- Assists in the development of department strategy and implementation of goals, policies, priorities, and procedures relating to work execution, staffing, training, resource sharing between facilities , all in accordance with department strategy,
- Increase the overall productivity of the branch by implementing relevant employee training, forecasting effectively, eliminating inefficiencies and capturing growth opportunities.
- Attend and sometimes organize meetings with department leadership and contract clients with topics ranging from technical test operation to administrative tasks of the department and branch business
- Produce ad hoc reports, create and give presentations to the client, Senior Management or Corporate leadership.
- Identify, evaluate and manage strategic risks and opportunities.
- Ensure compliance with company and industry policies and procedures.
- Meet goals and metrics for the department, JTOG and CMOE contract
- Locate areas of improvement and propose corrective actions that meet challenges and leverage growth opportunities and efficiencies
- Primary and secondary interface with client stakeholders, address customer and employee satisfaction issues promptly, maintain fruitful relationships with current customers and establish good relationships with new ones.
- Adhere to high ethical standards, and comply with all regulations/applicable laws
- Will perform other duties as assigned.
US Citizenshiprequired. BSdegree from an accredited college or university and eleven (11)years relatedexperience, orMSdegree and nine (9)years relatedexperience or Ph.D. and five (5)years of relatedexperience.
- Work Experience must be related to wind tunnel ground test operations or other test and evaluation fields
- Requires demonstrated leadership skills as evidenced by prior supervisory experience.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with others.
- Experience dealing with technical customer, excellent customer handling skills and focus on customer satisfaction
- Familiar with ISO9001 and importance to wind tunnel operations or other customer oriented test and evaluation processes
- Experience in business development, marketing, proposal development a plus
- Demonstrate leadership ability and good communication skills required