Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovativetechnology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We’re the leading integrator of payment andinformation technology and services for intelligenttravel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications andnetworking and highly specialized support services for military andsecurity forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, wewant to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired bytechnology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
Performs complex software engineering assignments. Provides technical guidance and leadership. Provides project coordination, and supervision. Coordinates activities for proposals/new business. Defines budget and schedule constraints. This position typically works under general supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coordinates and develops project concepts, objectives, specifications and resource needs
• Prepares design specifications, analyses and recommendations
• Participates in the design, development, planning, modification and/or improvement of software operational systems
• Researches programming system failures and designs and programs solutions
• Performs complex analysis of design programming
• Performs system analysis
• Conceptualizes, develops and analyzes engineering designs, specifications and test plans for systems and equipment based on customer/contract requirements
• Researches design concepts and feasibility utilizing advanced technical theory and knowledge
• Coordinates and contributes to compilation and writing of proposal documents
• Prepares design proposals to reflect cost, schedule and technical approaches
• Recommends test control, strategies, apparatus and equipment
• Defines test schedules and test data requirements. Tests software and documents results
• Prepares development software, codes software and designs specific enhancements
• Maintains liaison with customer, subcontractor and vendor representatives
• Evaluates vendor capabilities to provide required products or services
• Conducts in-house design reviews and technical meetings
• Makes presentations before management and customers
• Monitors project status and progress and measures system performance
• Manages budget and schedule for software engineering tasks
• Keeps abreast of improvements in software engineering
• Identifies software engineering process improvements, and supports the execution of them across the organization
• Shows commitment to company values, ethics, safety, security, labor charging, and quality
• Participates in total quality management/continuous process improvement teams
• Assumes additional technical responsibilities as needed
Minimum Job Requirements:
Four-year college degree, or equivalent, in computer science, electronic engineering or other related technical discipline, plus eight years of related experience; or a master’s degree with at least six years of related experience. Experience to include software development/engineering, providing technical direction and leadership to software engineering projects and team members. Ability to interpret technical contract requirements. Requires proficiency using programming languages such as Ada, FORTRAN, Assembly, “C/C++,” PLM, graphics or other developmental software. May require ability to develop software in a Unix, Windows 95/98/NT or other PC environment. May require experience with embedded processing. Ability to use PC software such as word processing, database, spreadsheet and flowchart, and Computer Aided Software Engineering (CASE) tools. Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing, interface with customers, subcontractors and vendors. Must be able to solve complex and difficult engineering problems. Knowledge of customer needs and competing products desirable. Ability to analyze and solve complex software engineering problems. Able to prioritize work and complete multiple tasks under deadline and budget guidelines. Must be able to work in a lab environment and be able to use a computer.
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business need.