Qorvo is looking for a Senior Manager of Advanced Packaging. The ideal candidate will be an industry expert in RF Packaging with a wide range of experience and connections within the industry. This role will link our Mobile and Infrastructure and Defense Business Units to our internal and external supply chain through definition and execution of Packaging Roadmaps. The Roadmap function shall cover advancements in assembly processes, materials, laminates and integration techniques to help Qorvo win in the marketplace. This position will be in Qorvo’s RF Packaging Center of Excellence in Greensboro, NC.
The RF cellular market requires accelerated technology development cycles and fast response to changing product trends in wide areas of expertise. The ideal candidate will utilize their past experiences to improve on existing technology roadmap development at all levels of the organization and execution of technology projects to intercept product needs.
- Lead an organization of assembly, advanced laminate and component engineering teams to meet both short term and long term Corporate Product Development Objectives
- Provide direction to engineering staff; responsible for leading, developing and managing the performance of those reporting to this position
- Collaborate with our business partners to ensure Qorvo Packaging Roadmaps are aligned and continuously evolving at the corporate level to maintain an edge with competition
- Maintain alignment to industry advancements that support Qorvo Package Roadmaps being on the leading edge of integration
- Align and improve advanced development decision and execution processes which result in the implementation of leading edge technologies into Qorvo’s global supply chain
- Develop an organization that values taking ownership, excels in decision making and holds team accountable for performance
- Promote a continuous improvement culture both within Packaging as well as with our internal customers and business partners
- Strong leadership and change management skills to lead teams through various change initiatives aimed at improving Roadmap and execution processes
- Broad experience covering SiP and traditional plastic packages
- Strong semiconductor materials experience
- Excellent interpersonal and people management skills to manage individual/team performance and motivation at different engineering career levels
- Advanced analytical skills to analyze problems and technical situations leading to optimal solutions
- Organizational skills to develop teams necessary to meet the group mission and collaborate with corporate business units and manufacturing sites world wide
- Strong communication, presentation skills, ability to excel in a dynamic collaborative team environment including working directly with Corporate Roadmap Teams will be required
- BS degree or higher in Material Science or Mechanical Engineering
- 5 to 10 years’ direct experience in semiconductor packaging with a focus on transfer mold encapsulation
MAKE A DIFFERENCE AT QORVO
We are Qorvo. We do more than create innovative RF solutions for the mobile, defense and infrastructure markets – we are a place to innovate and shape the future of wireless communications. It starts with our employees. As a unified global team, we bring a commitment to excellence, growth and a passion for creating what's next. Explore the possibilities with us.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) / Affirmative Action employer and welcome all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, and/or any other status protected by law.
Job ID: 0006008