The General Manager is responsible for the overall operation of the hotel including hiring, training, budgeting, sales, guest satisfaction, associate satisfaction, owner satisfaction, revenue management, and timely reporting.
- Provide leadership to position the property to achieve objectives and revenue performance.
- Must actively participate in the hotel’s Sales & Marketing effort and assist with developing annual marketing plans.
- Provide leadership to the departments to achieve their goals and objectives.
- Consistently exceed revenue and guest expectations.
- Inspect the property on a regular basis and enforce the implementation of actions toward the safety, comfort, and cleanliness of the hotel and guest satisfaction.
- Ensure all associates are properly trained in their primary job functions. Instill safety and security at all times.
- Build morale and team spirit. Lead by example.
- Create a courteous, friendly work environment.
- Ensure all associate practices comply with company and legal requirements.
- Coach, mentor & train associates for promotion.
- Comply with and advise the staff of formal policies and procedures. Identify options and resolve issues. Initiate salary, disciplinary, or other staff-related actions in accordance with company policies. Alert regional management or corporate office of serious issues.
- Ability to manage change effectively.
- Other duties, projects, and tasks as assigned by associates’ manager.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Additionally, the requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Must have three to five plus years of General Manager experience.
- Proven track record of meeting budgets, understanding P&L statements, and cost controls.
- Track record of promoting an atmosphere of teamwork.
- Ability to interact with others in an honest, fair and respectful way.
- Maintain an open door policy.
- Excellent communication, leadership, problem solving skills, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be well organized and be able to prioritize and process all required administrative documents to meet corporate or brand timelines.
- Computer proficiency to include Excel, Word, Outlook and a hotel brand software system.
- A degree in hotel or hospitality management a plus.
- CHA certification a plus.
LTD Hospitality Group has taken pride in superior hotel development and management for more than 30 years and is a recognized leader managing top-performing brands under Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt and InterContinental Hotel Group flags.
LTD’s core values focus on people, relationships and opportunities. The LTD culture was established by the founding partners and to this day continues to guide the successful performance and profitability of our hotels, while maintaining the highest standards of quality, service and cleanliness.
The greatest key to our success is our people. Our diverse team of associates is responsible for creating a distinctive experience that keeps our customers coming back. We recognize that our people are our most valuable asset and are committed to investing in them. We provide comprehensive training, as well as career advancement opportunities for all of our associates. We also offer competitive benefits to ensure that a career at LTD is satisfying and rewarding in all aspects.