Nalco, an Ecolab Company, has an immediate need for a Sales Engineer / Account Manager in our Nalco Water group located in the Phoenix, AZ area. If you are a passionate sales professional with a proven track record of success in technical sales we invite you to apply. This is your opportunity to join a large growing company offering a competitive base salary, bonus structure and benefits. You will be primarily responsible for revenue and profit growth of Nalco programs and services in targeted accounts within the Food & Beverage and Manufacturing industries. You will be required to take a consultative sales approach with a primary emphasis on strong account leadership skills and on converting strategic competitive accounts. In addition, you must build long-term relationships with an existing customer base by understanding their key business drivers, executing system assurance programs, and selling new technologies. Relocation assistance would be provided for the right candidate.
- Generate and execute sales plans and strategies to close new opportunities in existing customer base, and in major, competitively-held accounts, to meet defined territory profit increase goals. Target % sales time will be approximately 20% – 40%.
- Work closely with large, strategic current and prospective customers to understand business needs and recommend continuous improvement and innovation plans that will maintain and grow sales within assigned territory.
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders in current and prospective customers, including plant or facility executives.
- Provide technical support to customers; identifying and resolving customer challenges, escalating as required.
- Engage in problem solving by performing system analysis, interpreting data and providing written recommendations to ensure customer operations are performing at optimal levels.
- Actively sell and support Nalco innovations and technology in assigned customers to promote long-term business relationships with Nalco.
- Demonstrate strong team leadership by coaching and training other District Reps, championing corporate initiatives, and by planning and leading portions of District Meetings.
- Demonstrate the ability to stabilize jeopardy business in large, strategic accounts.
- Travel within assigned sales territory.
Territory/Location Information: This position is based in Phoenix, AZ and covers less than a 50 mile radius of the surrounding area.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of successful technical sales, sales engineering or engineeringexperience
- Proven track record of successful sales
- Less than 5% overnight travelrequired to support sales territory
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and acceptable Motor Vehicle Record
- No immigration sponsorship offered for this role
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical, Industrial), or Life Sciences (Biology, Chemistry, etc.)
- 7+ years of successful technical sales , sales engineering or engineeringexperience
- Water treatment or specialty chemical industry experience
- Working knowledge of boilers, cooling towers, and wastewater treatment systems
- High computer application literacy (including Microsoft Office Suite, and ability to learninternal business systems)
- History of working in a field that required autonomy and self-motivation
- Prior experience that required excellent communication skills
- Prior experience that required excellent organizational skills
- Sales or account leadership history of calling on multi-level plant or facilities management, and developing executive-level relationships
- Prior experience that demonstrates a strong work ethic and ability to multi-task
Job ID: 76629BR