Position Summary: As a Regional Sales Director, you will be responsible for driving Hartford Funds sales by building deep relationships with financial advisors, strategic partners and firms. You will be expected to leverage existing relationships and build new relationships with financial advisors in the Wire Channel covering the MN/WI/IA territory. You will be required to reside in the territory.
- Provide marketing support and customer service to financial advisors in the assigned territory
- Present technical product knowledge in an innovative way
- Regularly update advisors on industry trends
- Work with drive and passion and encourage others to do the same
- Build strong relationships with our strategic partners, registered representatives and firms
- Administrative: schedule and expense reporting
- Ability to increase sales in a very competitive marketplace by: calling on financial advisors, calling on key contacts at the firms, calling on clients with their advisor and conducting seminar presentations and client events.
• A Bachelor's degree, preferably business, economics, finance, sales or marketing (or equivalent on-the-job experience)
• 3-5 years of wholesaling experience
• Distribution channel experience with assigned broker dealer firms.
• Track Record of success with existing relationships inside the territory with Financial Advisors at specified firms.
• Technical proficiency of mutual funds
• Must be fully licensed (Series 7, Series 63)
• Individual must be sales focused and have demonstrated the ability to operate in a multitask environment and stay
• Able to take and manage risk
• Able to handle complex or rapid flow of information and ideas effectively
• A strong work ethic
• Strong understanding of the market and sales process, how to prospect for brokers and clients and close the sale.
• A consistently positive attitude
• A confident public speaker, great at making presentations
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Outgoing and good with people
• A sincere drive to achieve and make the sale
• Resourcefulness and superior problem solving skills
• A strong sense of independence
• Confident and assertive
• Able and willing to travel80% of the time
All Hartford Fund Employees are expected to “act like an owner” and behave in a way that exemplifies our core values, which includes:
• Do what needs to be done in order to make the client experience and Hartford Funds better
• Act with integrity at all times – never put your reputation or the franchise’s reputation at risk
• Demonstrate financial discipline – focus on return on investments
• Enjoy what you are doing and who you do it with – Have fun!
• Continuously drive to deliver results, take accountability and ownership of work and strive for continuous improvement
• Never be satisfied with status-quo
WHY JOIN HARTFORD FUNDS?
Founded in 1996 and headquartered in Wayne, PA, Hartford Funds is a leading provider of mutual funds, strategic beta ETFs and 529 college savings plans. The company offers a broad range of strategies designed to provide solutions for a variety of investment needs. Hartford Funds has total assets under management of $85 billion as of March 31, 2017 (excluding assets used in certain annuity products). Hartford Funds are primarily sub-advised by Wellington Management or Schroder Investment Management, two leading investment advisors.
At Hartford Funds, we believe in human-centric investing—a unique approach that utilizes deep research and insights to understand the rational and emotional ways investors think about money, their investments and their financial advisors, and then create solutions and advisor tools designed to serve those investors and their mindsets.
Hartford Funds embraces a true entrepreneurial spirit where all employees are encouraged to ‘act like an owner’ of the firm, and live Hartford Funds’ human-centric investing approach. Employees work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, that is focused on strengthening financial advisor-client relationships by helping investors better realize their true life goals.
WHAT IS THE COMPENSATION OPPORTUNITY?
At Hartford Funds, our compensation philosophy is simple: we pay competitive base salaries and reward performance. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, a 401K Plan, and more.
This position may be subject to The Hartford Funds political contributions policy.
Hartford Funds is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Hartford Funds maintains a drug-free workplace.
Committed to Building Inclusion and Leveraging Diversity