Duties of Position:
Using Agile methodologies, analyze, design, and support the development of applications and services following standards and common software practices.
Participate in, Software Requirements Specification Reviews, Software Preliminary Design Reviews, and Software Critical Design Reviews and System Design Reviews as necessary in support of additional capability engineering change proposals.
Support development of updates to the Software Requirements Specification (SRS) using the government specified and approved requirements for the system and each Computer Software Configuration Item (CSCI), which fully documents the allocation of the functional and performance requirements from the system specification to the system SRS or from the system SRS to each CSCI respectively, and the verification methods to ensure that each requirement has been met.
Required Skills / Years of Experience:
3 years of development experience
• Experience in creating and maintaining code for a large application with many interdependencies
• Experience with GUI development and modification, and with application servers and SQL databases, and security hardening of code
• Knowledge of virtualization technologies (preferably VMware)
• Experience with industry standard configuration management tools
A subset of knowledge with the following technologies:
• JBOSS Application Server
• Familiar with Subversion or GIT as a software versioning and revision control system
• Microsoft (MS) Structured Query Language(SQL) database administration (DBA) configuring, operating, and securing VMware ESX
Excellent Written and Verbal Communications
Certified Software Development Professional (CSDP) (Previously known as Certified Software Engineering Professional (CSEP)
A vendor/platform specific certification (e.g., Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD), Microsoft Certified Applications Developer (MCAD), Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA), Sun Certified Professional (SCP), Red Hat Certification Program (RHCP), CISCO Certified Network Professional (CCNP), Oracle Certified Professional (OCP), other)
Some certifications will be considered based on team composition
Formal Education Required:Bachelor's Degree
Field of Study:
Computer Science, ComputerEngineering orotherEngineeringdiscipline
Work Location: Charleston, SC
Travel Required: None/Minimal