IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
IBM is now hiring Entry Level Application Development/Testing Specialists for our Rocket Center, West Virginia office (near Cumberland, MD). United States Citizenship, relocation to the Rocket Center area and the ability to obtain a security clearance are required.
Join our team and utilize leading-edge technology to configure, develop, deliver and support applications for our government clients. You will be able to gain valuable on the job training while building in-demand technical skills. Our clients are some of the most recognized agencies in the federal government, and you will be part of challenging projects to build and support technical solutions for their needs.
As an Application Development/Testing Specialist you will be expected to take on challenging project work designing, building, testing and supporting technical solutions. Depending upon the project, you could find yourself developing advanced skills in technologies such as Java, J2EE, SAP, C#, .NET and Oracle, among others.
A degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems Decision Sciences, Information Systems, Math, Sciences and other related fields of study, particularly software development or application management and development is required. Ideal candidates will be self-motivated, success driven, and looking to make a difference in the world.
The IBM Client Innovation Center is an in-bound delivery model where we support our clients from our Rocket Center, WV center including a variety of Federal Government clients. No remote opportunities exist.
Candidate must have the ability to work in the United States without a current or future need for visa sponsorship.
Candidate must be able to obtain and maintain required Government security clearance as needed to support assignments.
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
- Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee’s strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Math and other related programs which will be obtained prior to starting with IBM
- Basic knowledge in programming languages, methodologies and Object Oriented programming (Eg. Java, J2EE, C++, .NET etc)
- Basic knowledge in development tools (eg. IDE's, debuggers, code repositories)
- English: Fluent
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- Master's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Math and other related programs.
- Internship or one yearexperience in programming languages, methodologies and Object Oriented Programming
- One yearexperience with development tools (eg. IDEs, debuggers, code repositories)
U.S. citizenship required