Regional Property Manager - Affordable Housing
5 - 7 years experience • Real Estate
Growing property management company seeks a Regional Property Manager to manage portfolio in the North Carolina area. The Regional Manager must have affordable housing experience. The Regional would supervise on-site managers with maintenance, regulatory compliance and tenant relations issues.
The ideal Regional Property Manager must have excellent accountability, communication, organization, negotiation and supervisory skills. Outlined below are basic broad categories describing regional property manager job responsibilities. The responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures adherence to all policies and procedures related to compliance with the Landlord Tenant Act, Section 8, Fair Housing practices, and funding sources such as Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
- Directly supervises several building managers & building staff
- Prepare data and analytical reports as needed/requested.
- Coordinates apartment renovation with staff for when leases are up
- Works with architects, engineers and other industry professionals
- Works on new residential projects under construction and existing renovated buildings
- Oversight of annual re-certifications and complete lease renewal packages
- Enforces the Company's building maintenance policies and procedures
- Addresses tenant issues and concerns
- Negotiates vendor contracts
- Coordinates repair and maintenance projects
- Ensuring all tenant files are accurate and fully in compliance with appropriate regulatory requirements
- Prepares and maintaining required and necessary reports, documentation, and office records for clients files
- Oversee documentation submission for Section 8/Tax Credit tenants (specifically move ins and move outs)
- Working with Programs staff to evaluate, create, implement, and enforce policies and procedures
- Analyze, discuss, and submit requests for capital improvement expenditures.
- Respond to emergencies when they occur
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Four (4) years of experience in Property Management
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree
- Candidate must have a car and valid driver's license
- Interpersonal abilities including being assertive and highly motivated
- Proven track record in property management
- Proficiency with computers
- Knowledge of Yardi or similar Property Management software preferred
- Must have good organizational, communication and writing skills
- Four (5) years of experience in the operations of a portfolio
- Demonstrated experience in the asset management of affordable housing, tax credit housing, properties with HUD programs, and/or city and state programs.
- Two (2) years of oversight responsibilities
This is a great opportunity to join a solid, rapidly-growing organization. Competitive salary and bonuses (bonus based on performance goals).