Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, BlueLinx Holdings Inc., operating through its wholly owned subsidiary BlueLinx Corporation, is a leading distributor of building products in North America. Employing over 1,700 people, BlueLinx offers greater than 10,000 products from over 750 suppliers to service approximately 11,500 customers nationwide, including dealers, industrial manufacturers, manufactured housing producers and home improvement retailers. The Company operates its distribution business from sales centers in Atlanta and Denver, and its vast network of distribution centers located throughout the U.S. BlueLinx is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol BXC.
- Understands the company’s vision, mission, and strategy; understands business unit objectives and sets/accomplishes individual performance goals accordingly.
- Supports1-2 facilities that are average in terms of size and profitability among BlueLinx facilities.
- Manages a distribution center by providing excellent customer service support and using supply chain fundamentals (right product, right place, right time, every time) while controlling logistics, workforce management, indirect and operating costs.
- Ensures safety training compliance and oversees safety requirements for branch personnel.
- Ensures compliance in all federal, state, and locals laws pertaining to employment, safety, and DOT regulations.
- Partners with the sales group to increase market penetration and productivity.
- Oversees material handling and delivery operations.
- Partners with procurement to manage inventory levels; provide appropriate intelligence on obsolete inventory and guidance on all aspects of inventory management.
- Leads team; selects/hires; develops objectives; coaches and evaluates performance. Ensures direct reports obtain applicable training and development opportunities to enhance performance, development, and contributions to the company. Holds direct reports accountable for individual and team performance. Addresses performance issues appropriately and timely.
Supervisory experience in a distribution operation. Ability to teach and enforce process discipline. Process improvement and operating efficiency competency. Branch operations and systems knowledge. Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite Software and relevant tools / technology.
Years of experience: 10+ years of experiencepreferred; 7+ year w/ MS/MA/MBA.